Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Lost finder / buzzer

irish-apple

Reaction score
Guys this is the flight controller off my buzz . It do not have an actual buzzer pad as has the buzzer built in .. Now I want to add a lost finder to it its the

So when battery gets disconnected it will still beep in lost mode .. Heres my question

1. Can I use these pads for the buzzer
2. will I need to set a switch for it
3. as my buzzer already works it really only incase it loses power

> any help advice . Not willing to just solder and hope for the best

Cheers guys. also here's the schematic of the whole flight controller
IMG_2082.PNG

Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 08.54.17.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 08.54.17.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 08.54.17.png
    867.8 KB · Views: 4
I believe you can use those pins, the buzzer wants 5 volts. I'm pretty sure it would require remapping the buzzer resource to the led pin though (and that it would disable your onboard buzzer). Are you familiar with resource mapping? I just had to do it for a motor signal pin, but it's the same for this. I save my betaflight profile and copy my current resource map into a text document before I change it.

One option could be to hook it up to those pins and leave all else alone, when you activate your beeper the built in one beeps, when battery ejects and you lose 5v the lost quad beeper beeps. Of course you can test it all on the bench to see that it works as intended.

I believe you can use those pins, the buzzer wants 5 volts. I'm pretty sure it would require remapping the buzzer resource to the led pin though (and that it would disable your onboard buzzer). Are you familiar with resource mapping? I just had to do it for a motor signal pin, but it's the same for this. I save my betaflight profile and copy my current resource map into a text document before I change it.

thanks for the response im not that good with that remapping I fore see fire after I try that lol but thanks for reply

Reactions: Wayno52
One option could be to hook it up to those pins and leave all else alone, when you activate your beeper the built in one beeps, when battery ejects and you lose 5v the lost quad beeper beeps. Of course you can test it all on the bench to see that it works as intended.
now I didn't know I could do that at all and then that's my issue then .. I don't fancy setting it up alight lol

also there are 3 wires black / ground / red 5v / green is the buzzer so who gets what ?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I may be wrong here, but we have a neat experiment. In theory if you just hook this new beeper to 5v and ground and leave the green input wire off, you may have a situation like @HighTechPauper described where you keep your buzzer, but gain a beacon. Easy to test and nothing to lose.

My way would include remapping the buzzer pin to the led pin (where your green wire would go) and in that case your new buzzer would be your only buzzer. I'd try his way first, it's easier

also there are 3 wires black / ground / red 5v / green is the buzzer so who gets what ?

The red goes to any 5v, the black goes to any ground, and you can tack the green one to the underside of the board to the same place as the built in beeper Negative side if you can figure it out. The way to tell is that a beeper works by having 5v all the time and the ground is turned on and off, With the quad powered off you can check resistance between the 2 pads to see which one is shorted more to the 5v pad since the beeper itself should have some small amount of resistance to it. If one side is more shorted to the 5v pads on the FC then you know the other pin should be the ground side and you can tack the green one there. But like RTK said, without the green it would just be a lost finder buzzer and the switch would still run the built in beeper. If you hook up the green wire as suggested then you could find that both beepers will beep with the switch, then you would just have to test the battery removal once the lost quad buzzer is "armed" and you remove the battery. Good luck Irish!!!

Reactions: irish-apple
And don't forget, there is a time delay for the lost quad beeper, make sure you wait long enough after the battery is removed for it to trigger the buzzer.

Cheers guys .. So what your saying is let the Irish guy blow up his quad :}

Thanks guys .. I thought about that removing the green wire as it don't seem necessary I have a little 3inch leader 3 quad which I will do the experiment on as it would have the same built in beeper .. We could be on a winner here if this works we can let the big boys know and share out the profits .lol

Attachments

• IMG_2085.PNG
    IMG_2085.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
HOORAY IT WORKS .. IT WORKS LOL .. HOW EASY WAS THAT .. Tried to upload the video but unsupported format .. So the green was the actual buzzer so removing that stopped it as buzzer . When battery disconnects the alarms start after 30 seconds .. Question though when its plugged in for awhile say 3 min Athen another battery and its charged up do it just stay charged and be ok it won't blow or swell ?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
HOORAY IT WORKS .. IT WORKS LOL .. HOW EASY WAS THAT .. Tried to upload the video but unsupported format .. So the green was the actual buzzer so removing that stopped it as buzzer . When battery disconnects the alarms start after 30 seconds .. Question though when its plugged in for awhile say 3 min Athen another battery and its charged up do it just stay charged and be ok it won't blow or swell ?
It will be fine, it will only charge to a certain level and stop, so it should swell or blow. Good job!

I didn'tread your whole thread but u want at buzzer that has its own battery.I have two if you want one.their tiny and loud. it turns on with no motion for 30 seconds

I didn'tread your whole thread but u want at buzzer that has its own battery.I have two if you want one.their tiny and loud. it turns on with no motion for 30 seconds
thanks for the offer dude but I'm all set up and running > and I live in Ireland so lately the way postage is going it would cost about 3 billion euro to send .. I would like it for another quad but thank you anyhow

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas