Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Lumineer QAV-R vs QAV frames

Reaction score
So most of my builds have been on knockoff "Lumineer" QAV-R frames. I have gotten used to flying x220 frames. I noticed Carlos, (Charpu) frequently or apparently consistently flies a Lumineer QAV 250 (HX style) frame. The weather is getting cold here in the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana tri-state area where I live, work and fly. So that means more time inside and less daylight after work to fly. So I want to build a new quad and maybe an identical backup over the winter to enjoy in the spring and summer. I look up to talented pilots like Charpu (Carlos). I feel I know what a QAV-R frame flies like since most of my builds have been on almost identical frames. So I have been considering translating my beloved go to of F4 Omnibus FC, with 40am blheli esc's and 2306's onto a Lumineer QAV250 frame. Has anyone ever built a quadcopter using the QAV250 frame or similar (HX Style) frame? What did you think? The most interesting concept I see is having the battery mounted at the rear almost inside the frame. The hypothetical weight distribution of such a thing baffles me. Although it leaves plenty of room for components on the inside as well as cooling and protection for the esc's under the frame. It's an interesting design that I have been very curious about for sometime. Does anyone have any thoughts, experience or advice regarding the Lumineer Qav250 frame? If I build one I plan to use something like an F4 Omnibus FC, 40 amp esc's, 2306 motors, 5050 props, and perhaps a 4S 100C 1550mah ish pack. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232