Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Meaning of these beeps when plugging in battery

Primoz_Horvath

Reaction score
Hello,

I have bought a used drone and now I working on it. When plugging in the battery, I get the following beeps:

- The 3 well known short beeps (tone going up)
- 4 short beeps (no tone difference)
- 3 beeps (tone going up)

For the moment, I have only updated the firmware in BF. The FC is Matek 405-CTR and the ESC's are BLheli_s. The motors are working in BF.

Anyone has an idea if this is a problem? Where or how can I find more information about the sequence of beeps?

Usually if you get something after the 3 tone (first 3 ESC boot up tones) that are not just two (2 tones going up) it is a error condition. If you have OSD and have Warnings enabled it may give you a clue on the goggle screen, or try getting the Status from the CLI. It could be that the RX is bad, or that the TX has the arming switch in the wrong position. I have also seen a lot Bad_RX conditions that were cleared once the quad USB was removed and rebooted, it seems like the new BF revs can see this when connected to BF but works fine once disconnected from the PC/Mac.

1604946057938.png

Ok thanks. So could be a receiver issue. Yes, I think I see what could be the problem. I'll keep you informed!
ok, my new transmitter is bound with the receiver. The 4 short beeps did not dissapear. The drone is flying well without issues. I suppose I leave it that way since there are always other more urgent issues to solve.:D

Reactions: HighTechPauper
ok, I updated my esc's (I didn't know I could do that untill today!:p)
The beeps are gone now.
Better late then never.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax