Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Motion controller 2 disappointment

akdrone

Reaction score
My bad for not realizing it would not work with my FPV. OK. I was excited about being able to sideslip but it is sooo verrrry slow when sideslipping as to be meaningless and it doesn't appear that there is any gain function to change that. I'll have to look into it more but without adjustments for the forward/back and side slip flight it's really not that much of an improvement. Somewhat...but not what I was hoping for. I had to connect to my computer and update all the firmware manually to get it to work with the Avata. Oh well. Tomorrow I expect to buy the Mavic 3 Pro...unless they downgrade the sensor for the wide angle lens....

Yes, you can adjust the gain in your settings. As an added bonus, it looks like the MC@ will work with the new Mavic (and Mini 3 Pro)

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Yes, you can adjust the gain in your settings. As an added bonus, it looks like the MC@ will work with the new Mavic (and Mini 3 Pro)
I like the MC2 and based on your comments, went to the DJI site. I'm looking real strong at the Mini3 pro. Being able to by the basic drone and battery only helps push me along as well. I like the Avata but I have uses for the Mini. Thanks for mentioning the additional compatibility for the MC2.

I made two flights yesterday using the Integra goggles and Motion Controller 2 - one flight with my Mini 3 Pro and another with my Mavic 3.
I am happy.
Good to hear.

Question: since the mini is <249gm, do you have to fly it once with DJI Fly connected (to release the distance restrictions) or can you just link the goggles/controller and go fly?

Good to hear.

Question: since the mini is <249gm, do you have to fly it once with DJI Fly connected (to release the distance restrictions) or can you just link the goggles/controller and go fly?
I just linked the goggles and Motion Controller 2 and flew.
Edit: After mulitple firmware updates enabling me to link everything. See my next post - I made it sound misleadingly easy here. You will need to connect to the Fly app either via phone, tablet or PC.

Last edited:
The requirement to log in to remove the 30/50m restriction applies to all DJI aircraft all the way back to the Mavic Pro.
Hmmmm, Goodnuff indicates that he just linked and flew. Maybe he only flew close in.......

No it's just that his drones aren't brand new out of the box, the aircraft have been flown the "normal way" before and thus are already unlocked.

No it's just that his drones aren't brand new out of the box, the aircraft have been flown the "normal way" before and thus are already unlocked.
Exactly right. And I did have to bind everything to the M3P and Mavic 3 or I would have been limited to only 5 flights per drone.
There were several downloads. I believe 2 for each drone, FW updates for the goggles and controller - all had to be done with either my DJI RC connected or the goggles connected to the Fly app. And it seemed DJI was overwhelmed with downloads, it was a lengthy process and I had to start over a few times.

Maybe I can get my neighbor to help me out with his phone. I think his is an android so should be simple.

I just linked the goggles and Motion Controller 2 and flew.
Edit: After mulitple firmware updates enabling me to link everything. See my next post - I made it sound misleadingly easy here. You will need to connect to the Fly app either via phone, tablet or PC.
Although I think I'll have access to a phone that runs the FLy app when my mini pro comes in Monday. I realised I didn't pick up on your mention of the PC as an avenue to connect to the fly app. I'm assuming that is for an android pc as I can't find anything for windows.......just wanted to confirm.

Thanks

Although I think I'll have access to a phone that runs the FLy app when my mini pro comes in Monday. I realised I didn't pick up on your mention of the PC as an avenue to connect to the fly app. I'm assuming that is for an android pc as I can't find anything for windows.......just wanted to confirm.
You can go to DJI's download center and connect to the DJI assistant 2 to update. Same place where you would download the Fly App from.

You can go to DJI's download center and connect to the DJI assistant 2 to update. Same place where you would download the Fly App from.
"You will need to connect to the Fly app either via phone, tablet or PC."

Yes, I've got the Assist 2 app, on my win pc, which is what I used for firmware updates on the avata/integra/MC2. When you mentioned connecting to the Fly app with a PC, I was hoping I wouldn't need to go find a phone that can run the Fly app so I can remove the distance/height limitations.

There is no PC Fly app, has to be iOS/Android device.
Thanks, I figured that might be the case. Also, later next week, my son is coming to visit so can use his phone. May need some of that anyway as I gave my DJI FPV to his to use. May have to get him on a DJI account of his own and bind that equipment to his account.

Which brings up a question - how do I unbind the FPV gear from my account?

Thanks

My bad for not realizing it would not work with my FPV. OK. I was excited about being able to sideslip but it is sooo verrrry slow when sideslipping as to be meaningless and it doesn't appear that there is any gain function to change that. I'll have to look into it more but without adjustments for the forward/back and side slip flight it's really not that much of an improvement. Somewhat...but not what I was hoping for. I had to connect to my computer and update all the firmware manually to get it to work with the Avata. Oh well. Tomorrow I expect to buy the Mavic 3 Pro...unless they downgrade the sensor for the wide angle lens....
I received my MC2 Wednesday and got to set it up and fly it yesterday . In the settings I think it was under control , I set the
speed for side to side and reverse to 1.6mps moves fast enough for me , I have Goggles 2 and Motion Controller 2 with the
Avata . I haven't had time to work out all the settings but it seems some things you set with the touchpad on the goggles and
some things with the wheel on MC2 I would spend a bit more time getting to know the MC2 and whatever goggles you have together. Good luck and have blessed day .

Reactions: Barbara

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas