Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Motion controller : can we remove the little white circle ?

dizzy33

Reaction score
Hello,

I will soon buy a DJI FPV Combo. I would like to buy the motion controller, but something does bother me : once the controller is connected, there is this little white circle displayed on the headset screen. I understand that it does help you to check where you asked to go with the controller, but I really don't like to see this thing constently moving on the headset display, like a mosquito I would like to kill ...
Is there any way to remove this little white circle from the headset display ?
Thanks !

During the flights with mine, I haven't seen any options for removing it. Haha, I was actually hoping they would add it as an option for the regular controller, as I like it myself and find it very intuitive for flying. But maybe that's just because it's almost like flying the "guidance cue" on a Boeing with the heads-up-display :)

Last edited:
Reactions: CrocMonster
Well, in fact for total immersion I prefer to have as few as possible informations on the screen, to really feel like I'm flying. As I said earlier, I don't have yet my (wow, I said "my" ? Too much dreaming of it ... ) DJI FPV. But when I watch for videos of people using the motion controller, I'm always bothered by this circle on the screen. I feel like you're watching a movie on TV, and someone is constently touching the TV, pointing its finger on the hero of the movie ...

I totally understand what you talking about… it's really a "to each his own" kind of thing. For me, I have no problem at all ignoring it to the point I don't even know it's there.

Features like this should be switchable, and the code to do so is exceedingly simple and small.

Thanks a lot, I agree. On the DJI FPV, is there a way to remove all on screen informations (altitude, speed, etc ...) so that only what is filmed by the camera is displayed ?

Last edited:
I no longer have the MC, but I like all that info on the screen, lets me know whats going on and I especially like the home point referenced in there.

You can hook the goggles to a phone or tablet and watch there.. it will have a clear screen

Reactions: JoostGT3
Hello,

I will soon buy a DJI FPV Combo. I would like to buy the motion controller, but something does bother me : once the controller is connected, there is this little white circle displayed on the headset screen. I understand that it does help you to check where you asked to go with the controller, but I really don't like to see this thing constently moving on the headset display, like a mosquito I would like to kill ...
Is there any way to remove this little white circle from the headset display ?
Thanks !
It is very similar to the F-A\18 Hornet HUD symbiology, where the CIRCLE is the drone goes, I use it to my advantage when I fly

I'm to the point now that I prefer the MC over the sticks for N and S mode flying. It's more fun (subjective of course).

And, IMO, aiming circle is part of the fun.

The cloud-edge flying I've posted would have been a bit less exciting with sticks (done both).

Close quarters and acro/manual requires the sticks. FPV soaring does not, and I personally have more fun doing that with the MC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax