Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Motion controller improvements

m3sgal

Reaction score
I really loved the idea behind the motion controller. Bu there are things that I wished or hope to see the motion controller supporting, such as:
1. A way to fly backwards. Unfortunately there are no custom buttons to switch direction, but one way to do it is either to hold down the mode button or alternatively hold down the tilt button (since it cannot be used while flying).
2. A way to rotate around a pivot point. Again this would require holding a button to lock the dot and make the gyro movements in relation to the dot.
3. A manual mode where the pitch, yaw, and tilt would be continuous only after exceeding a certain angle/threshold in each direction (outside the box), while being in angle mode otherwise (inside the box). The trigger of course will control the throttle. It will be difficult, and there will be a learning curve, but it will also enable flying backwards.
4. At least one more custom button in a next version, or maybe an add-on for the other hand which can be connected to the usb port allowing extra features or maneuverability

Good ideas... especially flying backwards.

Reactions: A.O. and mrmund
I really loved the idea behind the motion controller. Bu there are things that I wished or hope to see the motion controller supporting, such as:
1. A way to fly backwards. Unfortunately there are no custom buttons to switch direction, but one way to do it is either to hold down the mode button or alternatively hold down the tilt button (since it cannot be used while flying).
2. A way to rotate around a pivot point. Again this would require holding a button to lock the dot and make the gyro movements in relation to the dot.
3. A manual mode where the pitch, yaw, and tilt would be continuous only after exceeding a certain angle/threshold in each direction (outside the box), while being in angle mode otherwise (inside the box). The trigger of course will control the throttle. It will be difficult, and there will be a learning curve, but it will also enable flying backwards.
4. At least one more custom button in a next version, or maybe an add-on for the other hand which can be connected to the usb port allowing extra features or maneuverability
Also a button to act as throttle, so as to fly straight up. I don't think tilting back the MC makes the AC go up directly perpendicular from the ground.

All those thing are available... with sticks..

All those thing are available... with sticks..
True, and if those capabilities are important, fly with sticks.

I use the RC most of the time. The MC isn't a replacement, it's a different experience. Doesn't click with everyone.

This discussion is starting to feel like a fanboy argument rather than helpful sharing.

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
True, and if those capabilities are important, fly with sticks.

I use the RC most of the time. The MC isn't a replacement, it's a different experience. Doesn't click with everyone.

This discussion is starting to feel like a fanboy argument rather than helpful sharing.
Yep, every one will have thier opinion on it, I say buy it, try it, and then keep it or return it. You cannot really tell how it is by opinions, or reviews or whatever, someone just needs to try it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232