Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Motion Controller , who has one?

A.O.

Reaction score
And how do you like it?
Does it do everything you hoped, and is it worth $200? Just got my FPV yesterday and haven't had a chance to fly, and thunderstorms most of the day today so maybe tomorrow, but I'm very interested in reports on the Motion Controller.
Thanks

a few talked about it here: Motion Controller FTW! Full-size aircraft pilots, you gotta get one!

I'm waiting for mine too arrive ... should be early next week.

I think generally its seen as a fun alternative/experience - and great for those not used to sticks.
it has a few limitations:
- only N/S mode
- you cannot fly backwards

I'm looking forward to it, my thoughts are for occasionally casually flying around crusing, taking it easy - just to have a different experience. also for handing over to familar and friends.

sticks are always going to be more precise, and flexible - but its nice to have alternatives.

Reactions: A.O.
And how do you like it?
Does it do everything you hoped, and is it worth $200? Just got my FPV yesterday and haven't had a chance to fly, and thunderstorms most of the day today so maybe tomorrow, but I'm very interested in reports on the Motion Controller.
Thanks
I have one, although I am a seasoned RC pilot & have many drone hours under my belt, I really like the motion controller. I am also a stick airplane pilot and like the familiar feel of the way the aircraft handles when using the motion controller.

You can't 'orbit' a subject with it and as someone said flying backwards isn't really an option. Its a useful device and the aircraft is fun to fly using it. I would recommend getting one if you have the $200.00.

I've only used it once so far, but will get out gain this weekend. I found it to be amazing and incredibly intuitive.

I don't think you can fly manual with it, but I'm not sure that I'll be flying manual for some time yet. Gonna try out Sport for the first time this weekend after flying a few batteries on Manual.

Reactions: A.O.
I do, it's a nice curiosity but that's about it for me. I also find it pretty tiring for the arms/hands/fingers, holding something like that in midair and trying to get precision out of it without a rest and continuously squeezing the trigger isn't very comfortable.

I have one, only used it once or twice. I am too much in love with manual mode for now to really enjoy the Motion Controller. It is amazing, but the fact that you can only fly it in Normal and Sports modes is (for now) stopping me from using it much.

But, and this is a big but, since I fly with the throttle spring released now, I find that I don't really enjoy flying it in Normal or Sports mode a lot, since the drone will constantly drift up & down. Therefore, I think when I want to fly in sports mode (for example when I try to take some nice footage), my controller of choice would be the Motion Controller.

For typical obstacle avoidance kind of flights (ducking and weaving in between trees for example ;-) ), I thinkn the motion controller will be tons of fun...

And how do you like it?
Thanks
I love it , Yes , and Yes
I only fly with Motion Controller
Check it out.

Reactions: FPV Flier and A.O.
I'm still enjoying mine (occasionally)

with Sticks, Im mainly flying manual mode - and it feels kind of odd when I switch back to N/S mode.
having the MC is nice, since I can be in N/S mode , and I dont have the same 'expectation'.

at $200, its definitely a bit of a luxury, as I think few will fly with just the MC... so its always 'optional'.
I think the main justification is for letting your friends/family fly the the dji fpv, its alot less intimidating than the sticks (even in N mode)

overall,

Billy Kyle (youtuber) said he'd advise NOT to buy when you get the DJI FPV, but, rather wait a few months, wait till you fancy trying something a bit different, another experience.

I think thats actually pretty much spot on,
my only 'regret' with the MC is I dont use it enough, just because Im enjoying M mode with sticks so much - and almost feel when I use it , that im wasting potential M practice time.
this means I'm not as confident/skilled as @DroneJunkieQc with it - which furthers that feeling - but I can see myself coming back to it in a few months.

actually, Im close to buying a freestyle quad, because if I dont, I think im going to end up crashing the DJI FPV (expensively) - at that point, the DJI FPV will used for what I intended it, a bit more cruising/filming - so at that point I can see the MC being used more :)

Reactions: DroneJunkieQc
I'm still enjoying mine (occasionally)

with Sticks, Im mainly flying manual mode - and it feels kind of odd when I switch back to N/S mode.
having the MC is nice, since I can be in N/S mode , and I dont have the same 'expectation'.

at $200, its definitely a bit of a luxury, as I think few will fly with just the MC... so its always 'optional'.
I think the main justification is for letting your friends/family fly the the dji fpv, its alot less intimidating than the sticks (even in N mode)

overall,

Billy Kyle (youtuber) said he'd advise NOT to buy when you get the DJI FPV, but, rather wait a few months, wait till you fancy trying something a bit different, another experience.

I think thats actually pretty much spot on,
my only 'regret' with the MC is I dont use it enough, just because Im enjoying M mode with sticks so much - and almost feel when I use it , that im wasting potential M practice time.
this means I'm not as confident/skilled as @DroneJunkieQc with it - which furthers that feeling - but I can see myself coming back to it in a few months.

actually, Im close to buying a freestyle quad, because if I dont, I think im going to end up crashing the DJI FPV (expensively) - at that point, the DJI FPV will used for what I intended it, a bit more cruising/filming - so at that point I can see the MC being used more :)
That is a very smart idea. I’m hoping Dji make a Cinewhoop style FPV too MC compatible for the long winters ??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput