Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Mounting an action camera on DJI FPV drone - Behorse adapter review

Reaction score

The adapter I ordered to allow me to attach action cameras to my DJI FPV drone arrived this week, so I put together a setup, testing, and review video. I was really impressed by the upgrade in video quality flying with the Action 2 provides, and by how little it affects the performance of the drone. It's like these two DJI products were made to go together! I intend to test out a bunch of different action cameras with the DJI FPV drone in the near future. The adapter itself seems fairly high quality - it's simple but effective. The brand is listed on Amazon as "Behorse", but I also spotted a lot of practically identical adapters listed.

Unfortunately it looks like Youtube's compression algorithm did a number on the sample footage at the end of the video for some reason, so the quality isn't nearly as good as it is in the video I have on my computer. However, it does at least still show that the Action 2 provides a noticeable advantage over the built in camera on the FPV drone.

Reactions: Haggi
Nice review and footage!

I don’t believe that’s an air vent. It’s merely decorative.

Original Dobo store on Etsy sells a solid mount that screws on.

Thanks for the video. Happy flying!

I don’t believe that’s an air vent. It’s merely decorative.

Original Dobo store on Etsy sells a solid mount that screws on.

Thanks for the video. Happy flying!
Interesting, weird that they'd make a decorative air vent lol, all that does is increase drag! I don't know if I need a screw on mount, this one seems pretty good, but thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: bluesgeek

The adapter I ordered to allow me to attach action cameras to my DJI FPV drone arrived this week, so I put together a setup, testing, and review video. I was really impressed by the upgrade in video quality flying with the Action 2 provides, and by how little it affects the performance of the drone. It's like these two DJI products were made to go together! I intend to test out a bunch of different action cameras with the DJI FPV drone in the near future. The adapter itself seems fairly high quality - it's simple but effective. The brand is listed on Amazon as "Behorse", but I also spotted a lot of practically identical adapters listed.

Unfortunately it looks like Youtube's compression algorithm did a number on the sample footage at the end of the video for some reason, so the quality isn't nearly as good as it is in the video I have on my computer. However, it does at least still show that the Action 2 provides a noticeable advantage over the built in camera on the FPV drone.
Thanks for that review. I've seen a few videos with this type of setup and have been thinking about it too.

Question though: If DJI improved the quality of their video, I'm guessing you wouldn't need a second camera?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufgatorvet