Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

My iFlight A85 HD modding adventure

rktman

Reaction score
I mod everything. Sometimes out of necessity, often 'cause I want something better/different/more capable.

Anyway, I got the DJI FPV a few weeks ago, and have been having a blast with it. So, I thought this made it (relatively) cheap to try this whole FPV think out with a tiny whoop, the iFlight A85, which has a Vista nano system on it.

Well, can only be controlled with the $300 DGI FPV controller v1. I of course have a v2. What to do?

Skipping sharing the research saga, I think I've got it figured out. Add an analog receiver, configure via Betaflight, get a compatible analog RC, profit!

the A85 has a Succex D 20A AIO on it. Looks like I can easily add a TBS Crossfire Nano without breaking a sweat, or the bank.

Can anyone put the stamp of approval on this?

Since I'm going to be modding this thing, I think I'll add a GPS module too so it's harder to lose.

You don’t say what you are flying .

The iFlight 85 I’m hopping is the drone I’ll actually learn full manual on. I’m really hoping there will be a firmware update that will allow the remote to be compatible with the original and future DJI air units as well as the Vista. If/when the happens the A85 HD will be my next purchas.

Sure, you can even order it with a receiver preinstalled.

Sure, you can even order it with a receiver preinstalled.
I blew thar one, but I'm an inveterate tinkerer, so no big deal. ?

Any suggestion on where to mount? They all (including the crossfire) look too small to fit in the stack

Last edited:
I mod everything. Sometimes out of necessity, often 'cause I want something better/different/more capable.

Anyway, I got the DJI FPV a few weeks ago, and have been having a blast with it. So, I thought this made it (relatively) cheap to try this whole FPV think out with a tiny whoop, the iFlight A85, which has a Vista nano system on it.

Well, can only be controlled with the $300 DGI FPV controller v1. I of course have a v2. What to do?

Skipping sharing the research saga, I think I've got it figured out. Add an analog receiver, configure via Betaflight, get a compatible analog RC, profit!

the A85 has a Succex D 20A AIO on it. Looks like I can easily add a TBS Crossfire Nano without breaking a sweat, or the bank.

Can anyone put the stamp of approval on this?

Since I'm going to be modding this thing, I think I'll add a GPS module too so it's harder to lose.
The A85 flies pretty good. I have crossfire on mine. With a 450mAh it flies very good, with a 650mAh it starts to struggle a bit with the weight. It's a good flying quad but it's a little on the fragile side. As I mentioned in my previous post to you, there are a couple deficiencies that need adressed right out of the box. With the Cadex Nebual pro, it's awesome, not so much with the nebula or nebula 2. They should be shipping with a carbon fiber x-brace for the bottom. Install it as it helps A LOT! with the durability and reducing flex in the frame.

The A85 flies pretty good. I have crossfire on mine. With a 450mAh it flies very good, with a 650mAh it starts to struggle a bit with the weight. It's a good flying quad but it's a little on the fragile side. As I mentioned in my previous post to you, there are a couple deficiencies that need adressed right out of the box. With the Cadex Nebual pro, it's awesome, not so much with the nebula or nebula 2. They should be shipping with a carbon fiber x-brace for the bottom. Install it as it helps A LOT! with the durability and reducing flex in the frame.
Thanks if I didn't before on your suggestions. Planning to implement before I fly.

I'm waiting on the crossfire. I asked the forum earlier and got some good suggestions, but I'll poke you again 'cause you know SO MUCH (thanks)!!! Any suggestions for a cheap cheap cheap TX to use with the crossfire? Something to get me by as I learn until DJI (I'm going to believe ?) updates the controller v2 to work with Vista.

Oh, and the crossfire -- where to mount? Doesn't look like it would fit in the 20x20 stack...

TIA!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax