Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

My squad is growing....

coyote_dc5

Reaction score
I started this hobby back in May and already I'm three drones in. It's such a massive area to learn but I've enjoyed the research, building, mods, repairs etc as much as the flying. Happy to now have a whoop, micro freestyler and now a cine. Just a 5" 6S freestyler to add to my collection one day, happy flying everyone :D

Attachments

• PXL_20200925_193919608.jpg
    PXL_20200925_193919608.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
Me too...
Same three as you plus a Hawk Sport and the electronics from my first green hornet that I smashed that I'm kit bashing into a freestyle frame I bought cheap. FPV is my new favorite thing, I'm just sucked in.
I think it might be how challenging it is to figure everything out that's got me so addicted. I started so I could become a better pilot(I have a handful of DJI I've been flying for a few years) now I see how much I don't know.

Attachments

• KIMG0912.JPG
    KIMG0912.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
Tell me about it. I can't believe how hooked I've become with it all. So how are you finding the hawk sport race style, does it give much hang time if you want to freestyle? Have you a channel so I can watch your vids?

Great idea with the succeX transplant. It's a great little F4 stack. I too have a 250 frame so i might actually buy the stack separately and build my 5" with TBS unify and crossfire. Would just have to gen up a little on whether i go 4 or 6s and which motors to go for

Be good to keep in touch :)

I haven't flown it yet, I'm installing the reciever today so maiden flight this weekend.
Fingers crossed

I thought I would share my squad, the newest addition is the IFLIGHT Titan xl5 hd, I keep telling myself NO MORE, had a failsafe trying to get the gps rescue to work right on the Titan today20200926_205026_resized_1.jpg, fell about 200 feet, only bent a prop, nice having the thicker frame.

Nice, I'm planning on my next one having GPS. How quick does yours sync and lock? What's the little 2" far right, looks like a TH2 freestyle but with what looks like a TBS triumph and XT30

Reactions: Madhungarian
Nice, I'm planning on my next one having GPS. How quick does yours sync and lock? What's the little 2" far right, looks like a TH2 freestyle but with what looks like a TBS triumph and XT30
The gps lock takes like 5 min to get like 7 sats, however does not work well until I fly a pack and get a sold 10. It's nice to have to help with your orientation for long range with the pointer showings the way home. The quad your asking about is a HGLRC sector 132. Which 5inch are you look at?

Skystars G730, Titan DC5, Nazgui 5, Vifly X150, flywoo explorer LR are some. Some are 4 and some 5". Do you recommend anymore ?

Skystars G730, Titan DC5, Nazgui 5, Vifly X150, flywoo explorer LR are some. Some are 4 and some 5". Do you recommend anymore ?
Hglrc just came out with the v3 of the sector 5, might want to check it out, they make pretty good quality quads.

It’s true it’s incredibly addictive. After some liftoff hours (well weeks :) and one TH II, one meteor65 and one Beta85 pro later I just ordered my first 5 incher today!!!

Which cinewhoop did you go with? I’m guessing this would be my next buy...

It’s true it’s incredibly addictive. After some liftoff hours (well weeks :) and one TH II, one meteor65 and one Beta85 pro later I just ordered my first 5 incher today!!!

Which cinewhoop did you go with? I’m guessing this would be my next buy...

It's the 4s iflight green hornet with crossfire and a 500mw succeX vTX. Should be good and I'll get some nice 60fps clips from the session 5 . What 5" did you go for ?

Reactions: bzmot
Oh great, it'd be nice to see them once you post them.
I struggled between Titan XL5 and HGLRC Sector 5 (both DJI) and in the end I went with the Sector because it doesn't show props in DVR. I think it'll be some time before I dare strap my Hero 8 to it ;)

The Hawk Sport is awesome. Really fast and it just snaps around. It was going great until I got cocky and flipped into the ground ? New arm and props on the way.
The build came out awesome, flew it today. Hooray, it flies! and it flies great I'm really happy. It's the electronics from a Green Hornet built into an old Hawk 5 frame I found on close out. I had to drill new holes to mount the motors, fabricate a camera mount and figure out how to mount the antennas. I figured I'd need to adjust some of the tuning stuff that I don't know how to do yet but it seems really good as is.

Attachments

• KIMG0931.JPG
    KIMG0931.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 4
  • KIMG0936.JPG
    KIMG0936.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Madhungarian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads