Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Naze 32 voltage issue

wallin

Reaction score
Hello
I'm building my own drone right now and ordered the naze 32 rev 6 from hobbyking.
I've recieved it and started to test it out, when i tried to set up my reciever (Turnigy 9x) a problem started showing up. When plugging it in while the board still is only connected to the computer I couldn't get the readings to show up. After troublesshooting i noticed that the reciever didn't get power. When measuring the voltage between the +5V and ground that is wired to the reciever I only measured a voltage of ~0,5V.

I went too Hobbykings support chat, there they told me to try out with the battery attached, still didn't power it.
They thought the board was broken and sent a new one.

I recieved the new one and the same issue is still there, only 0,5V out to the reciever.

I would be very happy to get the answer if I'am doing something wrong and if there is a solution for it.

Best regards
Oliver

Reactions: theGreenOrange
Theres a small circuit on your flight controller and or your pdb called a bec, it regulates a 5 or 12 volt output for vtx, receiver and etc. Your bec could be bad, but on both boards? are you sure you are using the proper rails/pads for your receiver?
Also, i highly recommend a more modern fc for your build, a f4 or f5. At this point, it'll only cost you $20- $45 and a little time waiting for it to be delivered, well worth it

23619050_1503366519745871_1442856958_n.jpg

Yeah, that's why im confused if im doing it wrong or if i really got two bad ones.
I've been measuring between these two points.
Thank you for your reply!

Turnigy 9x8C V2
I've only tried it while powering it with the usb-cable so far.

I just watched through it, so I connect the 5V and ground from the PDB to those pads on the reciever-pin-row, as they power up the flight controller?
Or is the input voltage to the flightcontroller supposed to go anywhere else?

Reactions: Wayno52 and Jtrjr
The pic above, thats your 5v and ground to your receiver with the #1 pad beside them the other wire from your receiver. you also need the 5v and ground from your pdb to the fc using the center 5v rail and any unused groung pad on fc

I've now build the drone and tried what you told me. It works!
I have a Turnigy 9x reciever, it says on the controller that it's PPM. But in cleanflight it doesnt show my stickmovements. If i change it to PWM it shows.
Is it some other settings im missing out on or is this how it's supposed to be?

Reactions: Wayno52
Try setting everything to sbus or ibus. 9x is the transmitter if im not mistaken, can you post a pic of your receiver?

That may be a pwm receiver, if it is, you will need 4 signal wires from the receiver to the flight controller instead of 1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Js415