Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Naze32 Rev6 Heading Drift

jimboprogram

Reaction score
Having the board with only the usb connected to the PC I can see on Baseflight how the 3d model spins around yaw axis and Heading value drifting so hard.

Check the uploaded gif see what I am explaining.
I need that heading value because I am developing a software for an autonomous drone.

How can I correct this drift or how to get the real value?

Thanks

Attachments

• naze32weird.gif
    naze32weird.gif
    130.8 KB · Views: 4
That is not a true representation of what your multirotor is actually doing, however it could be an indication that channels are not centered. For this, you would have to go into the receiver tab of the GUI and adjust the channels so that they centred at 1500 with endpoints at 1000-2000. However, in the configuration tab of the GUI and with the flight controller on a flat level surface, click on the "calibrate accelerometer button, this may smooth things out somewhat

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
That is not a true representation of what your multirotor is actually doing, however it could be an indication that channels are not centered. For this, you would have to go into the receiver tab of the GUI and adjust the channels so that they centred at 1500 with endpoints at 1000-2000. However, in the configuration tab of the GUI and with the flight controller on a flat level surface, click on the "calibrate accelerometer button, this may smooth things out somewhat

I have already done it, but issue is still there. The FC just has accelerometer and gyroscope. Could it be the problem? Maybe it should have a magnetometer?

This is a Naze32 rev6 Acro.
Is it possible that Naze32 rev6 Full (barometer+magnetometer) may not show this issue?

It's not really an "issue" per se. You just need to connect a receiver to your flight controller, in order to center the values with the transmitter.
BF.png

Is that an F1 board? If it is, try the F3 boards. The CPU in them handle processing better & faster. And they tend to fly much more stable. I am scrapping the F1's that I have or I will just make basher project scratch builds with them.

Is that an F1 board? If it is, try the F3 boards. The CPU in them handle processing better & faster. And they tend to fly much more stable. I am scrapping the F1's that I have or I will just make basher project scratch builds with them.
Yes, naze32 uses f1 processor in all their boards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax