Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Emax Drone Battery issues, figured it out.

Reddley

Reaction score
I purchased the Emax Hawk Pro one month ago. The battery's I got for it are the Zee 4s 120c "Graphene" Lipo two pack, and I have an issue and a question I need help with. So from all of my knowledge of lipo battery's are that each cell is 3.7v and is dead at 3.0v based on all of the Traxxas and Redcat Racing ones I have owned for three years are are still brand new acting today, the issue is that the battery's I ordered for my Hawk are all dead and there are no signs of them being defective. I setup the Betaflight battery settings based on them being 14.8v (4s) when fully charged and the land now stage at 3.3v instead of 3.1 like my RC cars for better life. However at the end of each flight the drone would hit the warning stage at 3.4v and then immediately the voltage on the osd would rapidly drop down to 6v causing me to emergency land. I later adjusted the setting to warn me at 3.5v and land now at 3.48v per cell and now the drone acted fine and only lost about half minute of flight time but beeps loudly every time I floor it which was annoying but I didn't care because the drone was now acting fine. But then while on a trip I flew it and was only a minute in and it began rapidly dropping down to 9v before I could land, so I switched to my other "fully charged" battery and it began to rapidly drop voltage on the osd after a minute as well but I ignored it because it was way to soon and I figured my osd needed calibration, however during the flight it began acting "gutless" and then a minute later started falling due to not enough power and crash landed in grass and damaged the battery strap. At this point I was confused and double checked my betaflight settings and they were fine, but then I did some research and its driving me crazy, most sources say a 4s lipo is 17v and 4.2v per cell which is nuts cause my automotive battery meter says the battery is 14.8v and the osd in the drone says its 17v which I ignored. So I need some help regarding battery settings in betaflight and choosing new battery's cause mine are toast and a little help with the confusion.

Here's the battery's I used Amazon.com: Zeee 14.8V 120C 1500mAh 4S Lipo Battery Graphene Battery with XT60 Plug for FPV Drone Quadcopter Helicopter Airplane RC Boat RC Car RC Models(2 Pack): Toys & Games

And here's the Betaflight Power page.
Betaflight.png

Another issue I forgot is that people say the storage charge is 3.8V per cell on a lipo and mine are fully charged at 3.7v so I need help with that cause I don't want to hurt future batterys. Let me know if you need answers to specific things regarding it all.

Last edited:
Hi guys, you are right storage is 3.8v, so you batteries at fully charged showing 3.7V per sell seems to be damaged. Fully charged should read 4.2 volts per cell total of 16.8 volts for a 4s battery.
Another issue I forgot is that people say the storage charge is 3.8V per cell on a lipo and mine are fully charged at 3.7v so I need help with that cause I don't want to hurt future batterys. Let me know if you need answers to specific things regarding it all.

Hi guys, you are right storage is 3.8v, so you batteries at fully charged showing 3.7V per sell seems to be damaged. Fully charged should read 4.2 volts per cell total of 16.8 volts for a 4s battery.
That is what I'm confused by because my Traxxas batterys are fully charged at 3.7v per cell and stored at 3.5v and the label on the Zeee batterys say they are 14.8v total (4s)

To be clear, my Traxxas Rustler and Trx4 with Hobbywing system automatically know the battery's are 3.7v per cell and cutoff at 3.2v per cell. My remote does not know its 3.7v and thinks its 4.2v per cell but the battery label says otherwise, same with the drone...
20201203_152628.jpg20201203_152849.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya