Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Need help tuning custom build

• Thread starter Deleted member 3641
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3641

I know virtually nothing about tuning a quad other than rates. All the settings are pretty much what the FC came with. I just changed the camera and VTX to the new Runcam Split 4 Nano using the Runcam TX200 VTX. I'm pretty sure those have nothing to do with the tuning... I also have a problem that has been happening since the first version (before camera/vtx change). In this video clip you will see near the end, a roll jerk. It seems to happen only after a descending yaw, and I think only in self leveling mode. I have flown it very little in ACRO so I can't say that for sure.

Here is a list of parts and screenshots of settings. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Since I mostly build my own whoops, I guess its time to learn how to tune them...

85mm CineCan Whoop Frame
BetaFPV F4 2-4S AIO Brushless Flight Controller 12A
HappyModel 1103 KV6000 Motors
Gemfan Hulkie 2040 Durable Tri-Blade 2" Props
FRSky R-XSR Receiver
RunCam Split 4 Nano (4k 30fps)
RunCam TX200 VTX
Lumenier AXII RHCP Antenna

a01.png

a02.png

a03.png

a04.png

Thanks in advance for any knowledge or insight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice little build and love the 4k runcam footage. #following

Nice little build and love the 4k runcam footage. #following
Thanks, I finished it last night but even though there are 15mph winds gusting to almost 30mph, I still had to try a flight to see what the footage looked like. It was getting blown around pretty good but that little camera is rather impressive coming in at 10.2 grams for the camera/DVR board. It was recorded at 2k. Still need to checkout 4k...

60fps is an impressive capability in 4k. Be interesting to see myself. What SD card rating did you go for ?

Will it so 60fps in any res modes?

Looks like prop wash, maybe try this primer to have a play with your pids. Turn on Airmode as well.

Looks like prop wash, maybe try this primer to have a play with your pids. Turn on Airmode as well.
Thanks for the link tevek, I will have a look tonight when I get home from work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax