Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New Firmware update!

GoodnNuff

Reaction score
DJI Avata Release Notes (12/08/2022)

Overview:

• Date: 2022.12.08
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0000
  • Goggles Firmware: v01.03.0000 (DJI Goggles 2) v01.05.0000 (DJI FPV Goggles V2)
  • Motion Controller Firmware: v02.00.0500
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0400
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.8.0
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.8.0
What's New?
  • Added support for Remote ID requirements in the United States.
  • Added ability to detect abnormal attitude and brake automatically when the aircraft turns sharply at high speed with an altitude of more than 5 m in Manual mode.
  • Added ability to cancel the countdown for low battery RTH by pressing the brake button.
  • Added support for the aircraft to record video at 4K@30fps, 2.7K@30fps, and 1080p@30fps. When used with DJI Goggles 2, 2.7K@120fps and 1080p@120fps are also available.
  • Added ability to transfer data from the aircraft storage to the microSD card. Go to Settings > Camera in the goggles menu to use this function.
  • Added ability to set sharpness and noise reduction parameters. Go to Settings > Camera > Advanced Camera Settings in the goggles menu to set the parameters.
  • Improved D-Cinelike to 10bit, providing more possibilities for post-processing.
  • Optimized flight stability in some scenarios.
  • Optimized the video transmission fluency in broadcast mode.
Notes:
  • Restart the aircraft, remote controller, and goggles after the update is complete.
  • Note that the update may reset various flight parameters such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them after the update.
  • If update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, goggles, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and try again.
Overview:
  • Date: 2022.11.22
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.01.0200
  • Goggles Firmware: v01.02.0000 (DJI Goggles 2)
  • v01.04.0000 (DJI FPV Goggles V2)
  • Motion Controller Firmware: v02.00.0400
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0200
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.7.0
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.7.0
What's New?
  • Added support to use the goggles with DJI O3 Air Unit
  • Added support to use Canvas mode with the googles when using DJI O3 Air Unit.
  • Optimized prompts when using the goggles in some scenarios.
  • Added the ability for DJI Goggles 2 to enter hibernation mode after being idle for a long time (approximately eight minutes) when powered on. Wake up the goggles by pressing the link button.
  • Optimized the control guidance when using DJI Goggles 2.
  • Optimized the video transmission experience in broadcast mode for both pilot and audience when using DJI Goggles 2.
Notes:
  • Restart the aircraft, remote controller, and goggles after the update is complete.
  • Note that the update may reset various flight parameters such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them after the update.
  • If update fails, restart the aircraft (or air unit), remote controller, goggles, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and try again.

7 comments

Comment

Send

Reactions: Texas Red
Haha that figures. I just rec'd my FPV controller last night, loaded up the assistant to update firmware on that after it wouldn't fully bind, then promptly uninstalled the assistant.

Don't update yet!
It looks like the remote ID that they enable means you must have your phone connected to fly. Total BS.
Where did you hear this?
Ahh, NM, just saw all the chatter on FB. Dang.

Last edited:
Well that really sucks. I don't want to have to dongle my phone to my goggles to fly. It's too bad there are quite a few worthwhile feature updates packaged in with the whole thing. That i'll miss out on. At least for the time being i'm not updating.

It looks like I will be waiting a minute as well. I use a solution to attach my battery to the strap with a short cable. If I am expected to have my phone connected now as well that defeats the purpose though I dont see this changing anytime soon. Maybe they change the firmware in some way to make it wireless to the phone that would be easier.

I got the news that this update will enable Google's V2 for FPV. Is this correct, or sweet dreams? Guess they still have a large number of old ones to sell still, but there is always hope...

I got the news that this update will enable Google's V2 for FPV. Is this correct, or sweet dreams? Guess they still have a large number of old ones to sell still, but there is always hope...
I'm sure I'm interpreting the question wrong but the V2s have always worked with the Avata.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I got the news that this update will enable Google's V2 for FPV. Is this correct, or sweet dreams?
Noth sure what you mean by "for FPV", but it adds compatibility with the old DJI Air Unit / Caddx Vista in addition to Avata and upcoming O3 unit. Nothing for the DJI FPV Drone.

Reactions: Rune
Noth sure what you mean by "for FPV", but it adds compatibility with the old DJI Air Unit / Caddx Vista in addition to Avata and upcoming O3 unit. Nothing for the DJI FPV Drone.
Thanks

Where did you hear this?
Ahh, NM, just saw all the chatter on FB. ****.
I can confirm this happened after the update. After the goggles 2 and Avata connect you get a remote id error. It only goes away if you connect the goggles to your phone with a cable and DJI Fly running. If you disconnect the cable the remote id error comes back and will not allow you to fly. Hundreds of people on YouTube have confirmed this is happening to them as well. Rolling back gets rid of the error but then the drone does not let you start the propellers to take off.

• Angry
Where did you hear this?
Ahh, NM, just saw all the chatter on FB. ****.
I can confirm this happened after the update. After the goggles 2 and Avata connect you get a remote id error. It only goes away if you connect the goggles to your phone with a cable and DJI Fly running. If you disconnect the cable the remote id error comes back and will not allow you to fly. Hundreds of people on YouTube have confirmed this is happening to them as well. Rolling back gets rid of the error but then the drone does not let you start the propellers to take off.

I updated goggles and RC only and got a remote ID message the first time I powered things up but could OK it, then say "don't show again" to the next message about the SD card door, and it never came back. Never connected the phone.
I do get a "firmware version mismatch" message but it flies. Don't know if it's location based or due to the old version on aircraft. Can't fly and do testing as we're all snowed in...

RID requires that the aircraft constantly be updated with the control station real-time location continuously, wich the drone transmits as part of the RID packet.

This was foreseeable, as some jaboney at DJI decided to leave a $0.0000023 GPS chip out of the goggles.

Exaggerating a little. Very little, GPS chipsets a trivially cheap.

Maybe they'll come up with some small USB C gps dongle we can plug in instead.

Last edited:
Of course they lard it up to the max with all sorts of feature goodies to make it nearly impossible to pass it up. 🤬🤬🤬

Don't update yet!
It looks like the remote ID that they enable means you must have your phone connected to fly. Total BS.
I saw a video on YouTube yesterday advising the same thing. Once installed, you have to have your phone connnected at all times. Also, you cannot roll back the install.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax