Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New FPV & Goggle Firmware 8/30/21 Version 01.02.0020

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougcjohn

Reaction score
Haven’t seen much news on this FW yet.
My new repair replacement was basically forced on update, had to activate & bind and updates were required first.

The update touched both Goggles & FPV

It does nothing other than block the recently released nfz/altitude hack.

It does nothing other than block the recently released nfz/altitude hack.
I didn’t see that hack, do you have reference to it?
Can this upgrade be reversed via DJI Asst or is that blocked too?

Was able to use dji asst to down grade both FPV craft & Goggles to previous 01.20.0000.

New to me, looking at Drone-hacks info & product.
The certificate hack is something I wasn’t aware if. It‘s not a on-board hack, but a hacked DJI cert that when chosen in App, it overrides NFZ... appearing like a DJI authorization. Does this mean you need to connect to Fly app before each flight.

Nope, it's onboard. Don't need to do anything, just power up and go. The app just displays that it's there.

Reactions: dougcjohn
Sweet, I'll add that just to have in ready.
Have you added the cert, all good, no issues?

Their certs for Mavic series, indicate needing to connect to app and navigate to the Certs to unlock... they made it appear needing to be selected each time like the DJI provided Unlocks. Similar was shown for FPV, which is what I didn't fully track.

With these Cert NFZ / Altitude Unlocks for newest Firmware, I'd think the Mavic side would be buzzing about them.... it's always an issue on NFZ's and method to unlock. They're not permanent, but workable as a hacked unlock cert.

It's permanent and no need for app for any of the aircraft, well as long as you don't upgrade firmware...
The app was only needed for an earlier version of the hack.

Let’s stay on topic folks.
Latest Firmware Update 😉

Here's a Mad's Tech Youtube discussing the new Firmware.

Reactions: toffa
Here's a Mad's Tech Youtube discussing the new Firmware.
Really didn’t say nothing that hadn’t already been posted.
Guys if you want to hack your drones to fly above the legal height
limit or in NFZ’s that’s on you but we are not going to discuss it
on the open forum.
Anymore on hacking this guideline will come into play
16. For everyone's safety, we do not condone the manipulation of the manufacturer's software or firmware (software/firmware hacks), and may, (at our discretion), delete without warning any content that violates or promotes this type of activity.

I updated and flys like it did before. Course I have no need Or want
to fly in a NFZ or over 500M.

Accurate, the FW update had no noticeable issues from my limited flying prior to downgrading.

I'd agree on all points, stay within legal limits. Other than a NFZ that's out of date and prevents for no other reason than an old data base, several are multiple years old; That occurs often in various areas.

Other brands, or DIY FPV kits don't contend with this restriction... I'd personally like to see DJI not self-impose these too. I understand their intent is to protect themselves legally, and being the Big Player they place high importance on that.

I didn't realize the FPV site would prohibit "hack discussion", my bad!
I assumed it was acceptable since many FPV electronics and tools contain suggested hacks/modifications... just not DJI focused.

I didn't realize the FPV site would prohibit "hack discussion", my bad!
I assumed it was acceptable since many FPV electronics and tools contain suggested hacks/modifications... just not DJI focused.
It hasn't been necessary till this DJI FPV.

Lame, where can you go to talk about DJI FPV freely?
We have guidelines and they will be followed. Don’t care for it fill free to find another forum to join.
Being it has been established what was changed this Thread is no longer needed.

CLOSED

Reactions: Haggi and okw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput