Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New FPV Pilot - DJI FPV

GateFather

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! I'm Mike from Southern NJ. Just getting into FPV via the DJI FPV. I plan to go down the DIY rabbit hole in the coming months, but starting out with a prebuild. Took her out 2 times this past weekend after around 50 hours on velocidrone sim. First flight went awesome!

Second flight I crashed trying an inverted yaw spin. As I started to go inverted and do a spin, the video in my goggles froze. I hit the panic button immediately, but I think it was too late by then. Anyways - the drone was miraculously fine but the battery was damaged and says "Battery Communication Error" Sent back to DJI today under DJI Care - so we'll see how it goes.

Looking forward to participating here here and learning the in's and outs of FPV with some DIY drones.

welcome to the forum.

wow, that looks like a really unfortunate time to lose your video feed!
(im assuming you didnt have an sdcard in the drone?)

hope you have a spare battery to carry on flying

I have 2 extras thankfully! Actually that IS the drone feed. Accidentally had EIS off. I didn't even think to pull the goggle feed. It has this. I do remember seeing myself inverted just like this for a second before it cut out. I think I likely crashed and the battery dislodged at the same time - cutting out the video. It just felt like I was so much higher up than to crash so fast. Maybe i had thrust up while inverted by accident. I think it landed right on the battery as the battery was damaged but not the drone - not even a scratch!

I have 2 extras thankfully! Actually that IS the drone feed. Accidentally had EIS off. I didn't even think to pull the goggle feed. It has this. I do remember seeing myself inverted just like this for a second before it cut out. I think I likely crashed and the battery dislodged at the same time - cutting out the video. It just felt like I was so much higher up than to crash so fast. Maybe i had thrust up while inverted by accident. I think it landed right on the battery as the battery was damaged but not the drone - not even a scratch!
I have an acro b65 right now and a eachine novice V2 on the way. I'm so sorry to hear that I was really wanting to buy this drone because of that little button but to hear that it can't pull you out for some reason it's kind of scary. Also do you guys have any good recommendation for goggles that can record and that I can grow with other drones?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput