Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New to fpv drones, please help troubleshoot

spancs

Reaction score
Hello,

New guy here trying to fix an Eachine Wizard after my first real crash. I'd be incredibly grateful for any insight from the more experiences pilots out there!

The problem started after a crash. I wouldn't call it a particularly hard crash, but after that the drone would no longer take off and I noticed the front left motor was stuttering. After reading various forums I determined I likely burnt out an ESC and tested that by swapping the front left ESC with the rear left ESC (I was careful to flip the esc upside down and solder accordingly). This seemed to fix the problem and the front left motor fired up fine again. Thinking I had found the problem, I ordered 5 new Racestar 20 Amp esc's shown in this link:
Racerstar RS20A V2 New 20A Blheli_S OPTO 2-4S ESC Support Oneshot42 Multishot 16.5 Dshot600 for X220 RC Drone
After I received the ESC's in the mail, I went to replace the rear left ESC (because the front left with the original problem was working fine ever since I swapped the front left with the rear left ESC), but this didn't fix the problem. I have swapped the front left (old, working ESC) with the rear left again and it doesn't work. It DOES work, however, if I attach the front left white wire (the thin wire going from the flight controller to the ESC) to the rear left ESC. Also, when I use my multimeter to check voltages, I get readings from every white wire except the one that is giving me issues.

My thoughts: Could this mean that my flight controller has gone bad? Is there any reason that it would give power to only 3 of the 4 white 26awg wires? Is there a better name for the "white wires" than what I have been calling them? I apologize for all the questions and a lot of the information I have added is probably irrelevant, I just don't know enough about the hobby to know what is and isn't relevant yet. I'm also confused as to why the rear left wire is giving me the issues now when my original problem was with the front left motor stuttering. My guess is I probably messed something up when I was swapping out the esc's. Please let me know if I left out any important information, and thank you in advance to anyone who replies! Again this is my first fpv quad and I'm still trying to figure this stuff out.

Last edited:
The white wires are signal wires. Search yt for a vid on installing your particular esc's, you may need to update them or something

Reactions: Wayno52
Thanks for the reply Virtue,

I have watched some youtubes on how to install the specific ESC's that I ordered, but the problem I'm having is with the old working ESC's as well. I've also tried to calibrate the ESC's but had no luck there either. I'm still just trying to troubleshoot why only one of the signal wires isn't getting any voltage/not working but the other three are. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix