Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Newbie in League City, TX

Obsidian Triniti

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Hope all are safe and healthy.

I have flown camera drones (DJI) for the past few years and am getting into FPV by way of a Shendrones Squirt V2 (cinewhoop). It came pre-tuned, however it drifts pretty heavily backwards once I start up. Not sure if it is balance with the battery, GoPro, or both. I am using DJI Digital system.

I have connected it to Betaflight, but to be honest, I was afraid to change anything before I have done some tutorials. Centers are set at 1500 except turtle Mode which is higher and throttle which is 825 (or so).

Any ideas what could make it drift backwards pretty hard? It isn’t slight drift, it takes off moderately fast until I counter it with the stick.

Any help would be appreciated and if I’ve posted to the wrong thread, please Forgive.

Happy flying!

You want to put it on a level surface and then recalibrate your gyro in betaflight. If you're used to DJI rigs, these are never going to stay still the same way. You can get the gyro close, then you can fix the rest with the controller trims, but it's always going to slide (like a DJI in ATTI mode on a windy day)

Most of us fly in full acro, so there is no "level"; we're constantly correcting or finding that sweet line and holding it. It takes some practice.

Welcome to the crew! Ask questions anywhere, we love to help out

Here's a guide you can scan through, Oscar Liang is one of my favorites. I understand you didn't build yours, but this is a good pre-flight checklist

Since you're flying a squirt I assume you know Nurk (he helped Any Shen develop your squirt) but you may not know Fincky. He's done some of my favorite pieces with a Squirt

Last edited:
You want to put it on a level surface and then recalibrate your gyro in betaflight. If you're used to DJI rigs, these are never going to stay still the same way. You can get the gyro close, then you can fix the rest with the controller trims, but it's always going to slide (like a DJI in ATTI mode on a windy day)

Most of us fly in full acro, so there is no "level"; we're constantly correcting or finding that sweet line and holding it. It takes some practice.

Welcome to the crew! Ask questions anywhere, we love to help out
Awesome, thank you!

Reactions: Wayno52
Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax