Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

No Remote ID on FPV combo?

CactusJackSlade

Reaction score
With all the hubbub on Remote ID ("RID") I totally assumed the FPV combo would have it, since it is a newer model and DJI has been somewhat in the forefront of all the RID stuff.

SO... it apparently does not (currently) have RID? Does anyone know if it is just a software upgrade that can be implemented at the needed time or did DJI sell these knowing they would be obsolete in only 2 years?

I have owned many, many DJI products over the years and I will be completely dumbfounded if this rig is not upgradable to have RID.

Any info about this? I know the Avata is RID compliant...

Doubt anybody knows how far back in their lineup they will go and add compatibility to, just gotta wait and see...

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
There will soon be a wave of RID retrofit devices.

There will soon be a wave of RID retrofit devices.
Yes, as I assumed, but the fact that DJI, knowing full well Remote ID was going to be required, released the FPV model without RID. The Air 2S released only one month later has Remote ID. Totally bogus, as if FPV flyers want to strap on an external RID device to a "high speed" FPV drone. DJI is very good at planned obsolescence and incompatibility (like goggles between models) which is why I have stopped buying DJI products. I guess when you are the King of the Hill you can do it however they want. Rant concluded :confused:

With all the hubbub on Remote ID ("RID") I totally assumed the FPV combo would have it, since it is a newer model and DJI has been somewhat in the forefront of all the RID stuff.

SO... it apparently does not (currently) have RID? Does anyone know if it is just a software upgrade that can be implemented at the needed time or did DJI sell these knowing they would be obsolete in only 2 years?

I have owned many, many DJI products over the years and I will be completely dumbfounded if this rig is not upgradable to have RID.

Any info about this? I know the Avata is RID compliant...
I have a remote ID reader purchased through mile high drone. My DJI FPV is not showing up on it. I have to assume it either does not have remote ID or it is disabled.

I have the DJI FPV and "assumed" the same thing, that DJI would allow the drone to be updated with a firmware fix. I had heard that DJI was adding a firmware update that would include RID, so when I got mine, I updated the firmware that said included RID. I won't go into what people think of RID ! Personally, it doesn't bother me. Ok, I'm flying mine JUST the day BEFORE the RID was to take effect, no problem. The very NEXT day, I went to fly and SHAZAM ! I get an error message that RID isn't connected ! What ?? I updated my firmware to include RID ! And I KNOW, MY mistake for upgrading ! Well, long story short, you have to connect your phone to your goggles to transmit the RID signal !!
Now, I heard the Avata had this same mess when Avata came out, but I think DJI fixed that, IDK. Well, I can deal with a battery cord on one side, but NOW a phone cord on the OTHER side of my goggles !!?? WTH ?!
I heard from another pilot that you can dis-connect your phone AFTER you spin up the props. Let me tell you, that doesn't work. It won't lift off. If anybody has got around this, let me know cus you can't go back to refresh the old firmware, I tried that.

I have the DJI FPV and "assumed" the same thing, that DJI would allow the drone to be updated with a firmware fix. I had heard that DJI was adding a firmware update that would include RID, so when I got mine, I updated the firmware that said included RID. I won't go into what people think of RID ! Personally, it doesn't bother me. Ok, I'm flying mine JUST the day BEFORE the RID was to take effect, no problem. The very NEXT day, I went to fly and SHAZAM ! I get an error message that RID isn't connected ! What ?? I updated my firmware to include RID ! And I KNOW, MY mistake for upgrading ! Well, long story short, you have to connect your phone to your goggles to transmit the RID signal !!
Now, I heard the Avata had this same mess when Avata came out, but I think DJI fixed that, IDK. Well, I can deal with a battery cord on one side, but NOW a phone cord on the OTHER side of my goggles !!?? WTH ?!
I heard from another pilot that you can dis-connect your phone AFTER you spin up the props. Let me tell you, that doesn't work. It won't lift off. If anybody has got around this, let me know cus you can't go back to refresh the old firmware, I tried that.
Holy crap I just learned about this and mistakenly updated my older version.... now I think I just just screwed myself!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya