Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

No response to gimbals in Betaflight with TX16S radio.

RandallEdick

Reaction score
I apologize for having to ask so many questions.
I'm a newbie using TX16S which I am just learning so I think it's just my lack of knowledge of the radio.. I've updated the firmware on receiver and was told it was successful. I created a model, and I see a strong Wifi symbol in the upper right of the radio's display so I believe I'm connected to the drone, right? There is no response to gimbals in Betaflight. I'm building Joshua Bardwells drone kit. I'm using the same R-XRS receiver as he did. Set the Serial RX to UART1 and Serial Receiver Provider is set to SBUS as instructed by Joshua. It's set up for AETR1234. I see a strong Wifi signal on the radio. I only have one model. When I go to the Model Setup and change the Receiver number in Internal RF , it tells me "telemetry lost", change it back it says it says "telemetry recovered" . So I'm connected to the drone correct? What should I try next?

If you have Betaflight set to AETR, do you also have the radio set to this? On the radio in the Global menu items, same place you go to access the SD card, move over to the RADIO SETUP. Scroll to the default channel order, it's all the way at the bottom or you can just go up from where it opens. Make sure this is set on AETR. Do not change the Mode

Reactions: RandallEdick
If you have Betaflight set to AETR, do you also have the radio set to this? On the radio in the Global menu items, same place you go to access the SD card, move over to the RADIO SETUP. Scroll to the default channel order, it's all the way at the bottom or you can just go up from where it opens. Make sure this is set on AETR. Do not change the Mode
Thanks Johnny, yes it was set to AETR Mode 2

I STILL have not solved this. Betaflight 4.2.11, R-XSR with latest firmware compatible with TX16S radio. Radio calibrated. Good connection to radio. Yet no response to gimbals. Tried several different data cables. On the FC the two outside leds are solid red, the center one is flashing blue. Any ideas what's left to try? Here's my video of the situation.

Last edited:
I STILL have not solved this. Betaflight 4.2.11, R-XSR with latest firmware compatible with TX16S radio. Radio calibrated. Good connection to radio. Yet no response to gimbals. Tried several different data cables. On the FC the two outside leds are solid red, the center one is flashing blue. Any ideas what's left to try? Here's my video of the situation.
PropsOff replied: "You held the bind button-down on the RXSR too long and you've put it in to CPPM mode, so you must hold the bind button-down until the blue light comes on solid, that will indicate you're in S bus mode." I messed around with the bind, but ended up with a solid blue on the receiver, and flashing blue on FC. Betaflight see non-existent gimbal motions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agevorgi