Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Not leveled

m3sgal

Reaction score
Anyone noticed that the FPV sometimes is not leveled while hovering. I've notice that it has a bit of a roll to one side, and I've always attributed to wind. However, yesterday was a calm day, and I still noticed it again.

Haven't flown manual yet... IIRC, there's no VPS or position "maintenance", the aircraft will just drift with the wind. Also, since the controls are in rate mode rather than angle mode, any roll you may invoke will stay -- i.e. it won't level again.

Therefore, leveling is entirely up to you. If it's not level, it's not because you didn't level it. In Manual mode it will hold whatever attitude you put it in.

This happens even in normal mode. Same when you are in brake mode. I've noticed it from day one.

Can't comment on what you're seeing, I haven't seen it. There are some physics/aerodynamics here that is unavoidable.

If the horizon it not level, it can only be because the camera itself isn't plumb with the aircraft (exceedingly unlikely, would have to be damage/defect in your aircraft), or the aircraft itself is not level w.r.t. horizon.

If the latter, it will be translating w.r.t. the air its flying in. If the air is calm, it will be moving, and surely you'd see that. If it's hovering in place, then there is a breeze, and it's compensating.

There are no other possibilities. Whatever wind you feel where you're standing isn't necessarily the same aloft, and usually isn't.

The attitude it takes while hovering is the attitude it needs to take to hover given the conditions, calibrating won't change a thing. If it's not flat when hovering then if it was flat it wouldn't hover.

Reactions: Sayenah
I think it might have something to do with wind. If the drone is compensating for the wind then it has to tilt some. The camera probably thinks it is turning and keeps the angle, idk.

It's near certain it's roll compensation for wind/breeze to hold position. Remember that this drone has a single, vertical axis of camera stabilization, which won't compensate for roll, which is exactly what will make the horizon appear unlevel.

Try (carefully) hovering indoors where there's still air, and then compare any level lines (like the top edge of a TV or something). I'll bet they're level.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax