Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

One battery is very frustrating.

John Gowland

Reaction score
I wish DJI could have waited a little longer so they could offer Avata Fly More Kit with an extra 2 batteries. Very frustrating. Just a week or two and they could have offered the complete package. I can find no one in Perth who has spare batteries, and the two packages on sale the pro and the other one with the old goggles come with one battery. I will just have to fly the FPV till the Avata battery charges and they are not fast at charging.

I ordered the Avata locally and the Fly More from DJI. Very frustratingly it seems the batteries will arrive first.
So should just order from DJI.

You're gonna beat me, @Kilrah... can't spend the funds 'til next week 😥

Looking forward to your comments on manual!

Its strange us Aussies being able to fly these birds before the Yanks. We are normally the ones left waiting when it comes to technology
😀
I dont think anyone has a firm timeframe for the flymore packs yet.

Almost every item related to the Avata is out of stock in stores and on DJI online, internationally.
Sounds like an explosion of interest and it should not be a surprise since there are so many positive reviews. I came across only a few that said, "Don't get it."

I think the two separate Avata channels "Avata" and the "Avata Combo" should be combined, confusing for little brains like mine. Can it be done? Is there a reason why it can not be done?

You're gonna beat me, @Kilrah... can't spend the funds 'til next week 😥
I made stupid decisions :p

Should get it by the end of the day with in store pickup. FMCs were delivered right now but at friend's Nah was just spare props :( cause we grouped for free shipping and won't be able to meet before a day or 2 tho 😟
EDIT: available for collection :D

Last edited:
When I purchased my Inspire 1 brand new off the DJI website, I also ordered a TB48 from eBay. Of course, the battery arrived 2 weeks ahead of the Inspire 1 (which came with a TB47). When the Inspire finally did get here, the one battery it came with was DOA. DJI asked me to make a video showing that the battery was dead. Venders often ask for video as absolute proof so that the buyer doesn't have to send back the dead battery. Not DJI. They asked me to send back the dead battery anyway. Needless to say I was pissed. I admonished tech support; "If I have to send the battery back anyway, why did you make me make a video?!?!?! ARGH!!!" Jerks.

Anyway...your plight reminded me of that old story...

D

I wish DJI could have waited a little longer so they could offer Avata Fly More Kit with an extra 2 batteries. Very frustrating. Just a week or two and they could have offered the complete package. I can find no one in Perth who has spare batteries, and the two packages on sale the pro and the other one with the old goggles come with one battery. I will just have to fly the FPV till the Avata battery charges and they are not fast at charging.
Yeah. I'm going to get the Pro View Combo, and limp along with the one battery for a while before I get the Fly More Kit. When completed, my Avata system is going to be seriously not cheap, which is really the only reason that I haven't already bought it.

How long will I be able to hold out before buying the Fly More Kit? A month? Probably not...

With my DJI FPV, the one-battery condition was at least marginally acceptable, until I started flying in Manual Mode. After my (annoyingly short!) third flight in Manual Mode, I ordered the Fly More Kit the next day.

I intentionally spent a full month in Normal and Sport modes when I got my DJI FPV. I had never used VR goggles before in any context. With the comparatively tame Avata, and the fact that I already know how to fly the DJI FPV in Manual mode, I expect I'll get to Manual with the Avata pretty fast, probably less than a week.

Cha-ching! More money for DJI, since me getting the Fly More Kit for the Avata is pretty much inevitable.

Thx

Reactions: John Gowland
My Fly More Combo won't arrive to Pennsylvania until October 3rd. Two stand-alone batteries will be here September 7th with the Avata. I couldn't resist!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz