Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

One motor constantly too hot

bercium

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a problem on my 2" build. Front left motor is always very hot after only 30s hover. The rest are barely warm. I've checked the logs and I from the graph I can see that the activity line is always above the rest (image below)
Does anyone know why this might be happening?
upload_2018-4-7_0-9-46.png

I've swapped and changed the motors, calibrated them, updated ESCs, checked that the drone is balanced, played with filters, props are new and undamaged, it is running BF 3.3.1. The stack is furibee flytower plus mini and the motors HGLRC 1104 Flame 7500 kV it's running on 3s battery.

If you need the full log file it is available here: Dropbox - BTFL_BLACKBOX_LOG_Aurora_RC_20180123_190340.BBL

I would really appreciate any help as I've been stuck for 2 months now :\

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I've got a problem on my 2" build. Front left motor is always very hot after only 30s hover. The rest are barely warm. I've checked the logs and I from the graph I can see that the activity line is always above the rest (image below)
Does anyone know why this might be happening?
View attachment 2146

I've swapped and changed the motors, calibrated them, updated ESCs, checked that the drone is balanced, played with filters, props are new and undamaged, it is running BF 3.3.1. The stack is furibee flytower plus mini and the motors HGLRC 1104 Flame 7500 kV it's running on 3s battery.

If you need the full log file it is available here: Dropbox - BTFL_BLACKBOX_LOG_Aurora_RC_20180123_190340.BBL

I would really appreciate any help as I've been stuck for 2 months now :\

Thanks a lot!
Could it be that your tune or trim is off? Seems like that one motor is trying to compensate for something or maybe a mag drift? Never heard of just one not working after making sure the motor and esc are good

Could it be that your tune or trim is off? Seems like that one motor is trying to compensate for something or maybe a mag drift? Never heard of just one not working after making sure the motor and esc are good

Yeah I know :(
The trim in the receiver is perfectly set. (edges on 1000 and 2000 and centers on 1500). But in the setup tab I get a small drift on the yaw axis. But I guess if this was the cause both diagonal motors would try to compensate for this or am I wrong?

Ok so I went to fly around and this issue wasn't so severe. In the logs I can still see the same motor overworking but is not as hot as during the hover.
However on the 4th pack something strange happened drone dived down and to the right and I had to keep pitch, roll and yaw off center so it flew in the straight line. You can see it in this video from 1 minute onward: Dropbox - yaw right problem - overlay.mp4
Afterwards it flew normally again. Any ideas what might have happened?

Reactions: M3talrocksFPV
Ok so I went to fly around and this issue wasn't so severe. In the logs I can still see the same motor overworking but is not as hot as during the hover.
However on the 4th pack something strange happened drone dived down and to the right and I had to keep pitch, roll and yaw off center so it flew in the straight line. You can see it in this video from 1 minute onward: Dropbox - yaw right problem - overlay.mp4
Afterwards it flew normally again. Any ideas what might have happened?
First off, great little flip around the 45 second mark lol. but that is weird, i can see on the data that you started having oscillation during the time in question. almost like a hearbeat it was so regular. have you tried recalibrating your gyro in betaflight? it does look like your kwad is trying to compensate for something that isn't there. almost like it has weight on the one arm, but happens randomly. if not that then maybe the sauder point isn't great or the wire and it cant regulate the power getting to that motor.

I recalibrated the gyro a couple of times :) It's weird because once I got a "no gyro" error when I tried to arm and of course it didn't arm. But after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery it seamed to work :(

must be a malfunctioning gyro. I was really interested about this problem since it was unique and did some searches and i see others having the same issue. non of which had a solution that i could find and non having identical symptoms. the gyro is honestly the only thing i can think of. i know i said i never experienced something like this but then i remembered my airhog toy drone had the same kind of thing going on. it would tumble/flip as if one motor just went crazy fast for no reason. obviously cant connect that to betaflight to diagnose lol. but i had emailed the company to see about a solution and they said the gyro must of been damaged and since it was horizon mode only it would think i was upside down or something and tried to correct itself. you're in acro/angle mode but it could be a similar thing going on.

Yeah I know. I've been googling it for soooo long now and I gave up and just asked :)
I do have a spare FC and will replace it. Hopefully it will fly better after that :(

Reactions: M3talrocksFPV
Yeah I know. I've been googling it for soooo long now and I gave up and just asked :)
I do have a spare FC and will replace it. Hopefully it will fly better after that :(
Hope it works out, me and like 3 of the guys on here talk a lot on discord/discord app, feel free to join us,mostly newbies though lol Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Reactions: bercium

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax