Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Phone Won't Connect

sotsco

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I looked this up on the forum, but not seeing anything that solves my issue. Was hoping someone could help me.
The DJI FPV app does not see my phone (Samsung S21) no matter what I do. I've plugged in the cables in different orders, reloaded the app, tried the connection guide, the goggles don't see my phone. I even sent my drone and goggles back to DJI and they said everything works fine. I have no idea what to do. I can't update firmware, activate my new motion controller or see the flight on my phone. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

What cable are you using? C to C cables may not work.

I have the c to USB from the goggles and then a short adapter with female USB back to c going to the phone. I used the ones given to me with the drone and have tried new ones I purchased at Office Depot.

That's why I said may, mine also does but there have been multiple reports of some combinations of cables and devices that don't.

Hey you guys, thank you!!
I was sent the 2-cables with the drone, and they weren't working, so I bought different ones (didn't work). Then I sent back the goggles and drone and they said it was fine, I reloaded the app several times, scoured my phone for possible setting changes, nope! And then I noticed I actually have a single cable c to c and it worked!! I feel like a knucklehead, but so excited that it works and you guys got me thinking about it. Thank you!!

What cable are you using? C to C cables may not work.
Hi Kilrah thanks for help ,got new battery charged it connected to goggles then connected c plug with usb pluged in it from i phone 12 on the fly app go settings and try and download latest firmware after clicking on avata drone but nothing happens....

I don't imagine anything, there just have been a bunch of people reporting C to C didn't work for them and using C->A->C did.
That just seems weird. Adding interfaces (connections) usually adds problems, rather than fixing them.

Absent a proposed mechanism, I'm inclined to accept the poor quality cable explanation, over the notion that adding an additional interface helping.

Thx.

With Type C each device can either be host or device, with a C to C cable they have to negotiate which is which and that can cause issues especially since there's usually no way to force it manually. With the adapter the direction is forced since those only go one way, so no shenanigans.

With Type C each device can either be host or device, with a C to C cable they have to negotiate which is which and that can cause issues especially since there's usually no way to force it manually. With the adapter the direction is forced since those only go one way, so no shenanigans.
That's interesting, I didn't know that.

Thx!

I have tried all c to c....c to a to c....nothing...the last thing I haven't tried is taking the SD card out of the drone and trying dji fly app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax