Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Please help with RSSI

Madhungarian

Reaction score
chip.jpg
Hello everyone,
I need your help with the Tryo129 Rssi. If you can see my circle in red and the arrow that is the pad I used to connect my s port wire. Right above is where I use the plug for Sbus, and power. I am using frsky XSR receiver works great however no RSSI. The pad right next to it is Tx2 , so I believe these two pads are uart 2? I just would like to know what in betaflight I have set in the ports tab\cli? I know this is an older receiver but it has good reviews and it works well. Just wanted to know if I am even in the right direction. I do read that the newer xm receivers can get telemetry through sbus however this receiver came with 5 wires, sbus, ppm, s port, power, ground. I have sbus, power and ground connected though the port, and s port soldered onto that rssi pad. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Dump
# resources
resource BEEPER 1 C13
resource MOTOR 1 C06
resource MOTOR 2 C07
resource MOTOR 3 C08
resource MOTOR 4 C09
resource MOTOR 5 A15
resource MOTOR 6 A08
resource MOTOR 7 B08
resource MOTOR 8 NONE
resource SERVO 1 NONE
resource SERVO 2 NONE
resource SERVO 3 NONE
resource SERVO 4 NONE
resource SERVO 5 NONE
resource SERVO 6 NONE
resource SERVO 7 NONE
resource SERVO 8 NONE
resource PPM 1 A03
resource PWM 1 A00
resource PWM 2 A01
resource PWM 3 A02
resource PWM 4 NONE
resource PWM 5 NONE
resource PWM 6 NONE
resource PWM 7 NONE
resource PWM 8 NONE
resource LED_STRIP 1 B06
resource SERIAL_TX 1 A09
resource SERIAL_TX 2 A02
resource SERIAL_TX 3 C10
resource SERIAL_TX 4 A00
resource SERIAL_TX 5 C12
resource SERIAL_TX 6 NONE
resource SERIAL_TX 7 NONE
resource SERIAL_TX 8 NONE
resource SERIAL_TX 9 NONE
resource SERIAL_TX 10 NONE
resource SERIAL_TX 11 NONE
resource SERIAL_TX 12 NONE
resource SERIAL_RX 1 A10
resource SERIAL_RX 2 A03
resource SERIAL_RX 3 C11
resource SERIAL_RX 4 A01
resource SERIAL_RX 5 D02
resource SERIAL_RX 6 NONE
resource SERIAL_RX 7 NONE
resource SERIAL_RX 8 NONE
resource SERIAL_RX 9 NONE
resource SERIAL_RX 10 NONE
resource SERIAL_RX 11 NONE
resource SERIAL_RX 12 NONE
resource I2C_SCL 1 B06
resource I2C_SCL 2 NONE
resource I2C_SCL 3 NONE
resource I2C_SDA 1 B07
resource I2C_SDA 2 NONE
resource I2C_SDA 3 NONE
resource LED 1 B09
resource LED 2 A14
resource LED 3 NONE
resource RX_BIND 1 NONE
resource RX_BIND_PLUG 1 NONE
resource SPI_SCK 1 A05
resource SPI_SCK 2 B13
resource SPI_SCK 3 B03
resource SPI_MISO 1 A06
resource SPI_MISO 2 B14
resource SPI_MISO 3 B04
resource SPI_MOSI 1 A07
resource SPI_MOSI 2 B15
resource SPI_MOSI 3 B05
resource ESCSERIAL 1 A03
resource CAMERA_CONTROL 1 NONE
resource ADC_BATT 1 C05
resource ADC_RSSI 1 B01
resource ADC_CURR 1 C04
resource ADC_EXT 1 NONE
resource BARO_CS 1 NONE
resource COMPASS_CS 1 NONE
resource SDCARD_CS 1 C01
resource SDCARD_DETECT 1 NONE
resource PINIO 1 NONE
resource PINIO 2 NONE
resource PINIO 3 NONE
resource PINIO 4 NONE
resource USB_MSC_PIN 1 NONE
resource FLASH_CS 1 C00
resource OSD_CS 1 B10
resource GYRO_EXTI 1 C03
resource GYRO_EXTI 2 NONE
resource GYRO_CS 1 C02
resource GYRO_CS 2 NONE
resource USB_DETECT 1 B12

Smart Port is NOT RSSI, it is a Telemetry protocol that will not work on the RSSI input pad on the FC, normally the Smart Port goes to a free UART and connected to the TX Pin on that UART and then configured in the Telemetry column in the Ports tab and the slider in the "other features" section of the Configuration tab in BF. You can configure a channel to send the RSSI (which is sent from the RX to the TX natively) back to the RX for delivery to the FC through the Smart Port or F.Port wire out and config. I do not think there is an RSSI pad on the XSR to wire back out to the FC, but is is possible that it exists somewhere on the RX even though Frsky says it is not there

Last edited:
Reactions: Madhungarian
Smart Port is NOT RSSI, it is a Telemetry protocol that will not work on the RSSI input pad on the FC, normally the Smart Port goes to a free UART and connected to the TX Pin on that UART and then configured in the Telemetry column in the Ports tab and the slider in the "other features" section of the Configuration tab in BF. You can configure a channel to send the RSSI (which is sent from the RX to the TX natively) back to the RX for delivery to the FC through the Smart Port or F.Port wire out and config. I do not think there is an RSSI pad on the XSR to wire back out to the FC, but is is possible that it exists somewhere on the RX even though Frsky says it is not there
So I take the wire I have soldered and connect it to a Tx pad like number 4. Is there any other configuration I need to do besides select other features? Thank you for your help.

I think you may have missed some of the things I was saying in the comment. To get RSSI into your OSD you need to do a number of things.
See if these video will help you get the other things done or figure out. IF you still have an issue let me know.

Reactions: tevek
@Madhungarian, also, not everything is applicable to you, like the part about setting scale in the Project Blue Falcon video, but there is some info that is appropriate and that is why I included it.

Reactions: tevek

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput