Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Please pardon my newness/ignorance, but my Avata won't

4 Inch Pistons

Reaction score
Bought the FPV and love it--noise and all!

Then I bought the Avata and took a while binding the goggles and controller, but I love it more!

When I fly the Avata, I get this message in the lower bottom right of the goggles "incompatible goggles and controller." I bought the Avata refurbished from Drone Superstore on eBay and had to register it like it was new. It flys fine---just the message concerns me.

Would that message be connected to the next issue:

Then I pull out the SD card to look at the video and there is none. I was sure I was recording, but nothing shows up. So I fly it again and the "full" message is on the top right corner even though I was only recording for a few minutes--256 GB card. I have not pulled out the SD card (because it is a pain) but am I missing a step or two. The same thing happened on my Min 2 before I discovered I had to format the card. Is that also true for the Avata? I ask because I could not find that function in the goggles menu.

All comments and help is appreciated.

Firmware on all components is up to date? I also wonder if the drone and goggles were bound to different DJI accounts before you got them.

I had to update with every new battery. The FPV was used, with 3 flights. That is correct because the message on the goggles said the battery had been charged 3 times. Is there a way to correctly add them to my account?

Account has nothing to do with it, and I fly with goggles updated to latest and Avata on release firmware just fine.

Probably the card either needs formatting (it is there in the goggles menu, camera advanced settings I believe), you're set to only record on the goggles (also in the menu), or it's defective.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz