Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Powder in battery bay - new FPV Combo

toddo

Reaction score
I just received a replacement DJI FPV combo as the first set had a bad battery right out of the box. Unboxing the new kit and I noticed some strange powder inside the battery bay, anyone else seen this?

Nothing on the battery itself and the DJI rep assured me it would be brand new as the first set was DOA within 15 days of the purchase.

My first thought is it was a repaired unit and it was sand or dust but everything else seems immaculate. The powder almost has a white crystal look and doesn't seem to feel gritty like dirt, I'm thinking its just from the plastic molding process?

These pics make it look worse as I wiped it in some places with my fingers, not scratches I'm sure it will clean up fine....

IMG_20211207_213503.jpg
IMG_20211207_211629.jpg

IMG_20211207_214732.jpg

Anthrax?

Honestly to me it looks like powder from rub marks from the battery. Maybe all the vibration crossing the ocean caused this?... I just picked up an FPV combo and I just checked mine. Although I do not see anything that looks like powder, the plastic is certainly has a modeled coloring to it, not just all perfectly gray.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas