Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Problem Connecting Controller to APM

tj272004

Reaction score
So I am currently extremely lost on this problem I am currently having with connecting my FS-I6B to my APM. So I binded my Rx to my Tx via another drone and then connected my receiver to my APM via servo M to F cables and then F to F jumper cables. But when I plug in my battery with the connectors and all, the APM doesn't turn on. I am wondering why that happens and how I can succesfullt connect my reciever to my transmitter to the APM?

Pictures illustrating the setup can be found here: FS-I6 to APM Setup

What does APM stand for, and how is it getting the power it needs to run? What does it need to run? 5 volts?
Your pictures don't show enough, it just looks like a jumble of wires and pieces.

APM stands for ArduPilot Mega, which is a flight controller, and it is getting the power it needs to run via a 3S battery connected to a power module, I belive the Reciever requires 5V but i assumed it would be powered via the APM. The pictures show my failing attempt to wire my receiver to my APM (I tried attaching M to F servo cables and then plugging F to F jumper cables to connect channels 1 - 5 on my reciever), but given my lack of experience I'm slightly confused with what way to wire it. I know their is PPM but i am not sure If my APM is capable because it is a little old. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

I looked at the APM and I don't even see a place for battery in or 5 volts in from the labeling on it, something would need to make 5v from the 3s battery (a voltage regulator) and the only possibility I see is maybe on the ESC. I wouldn't even know how begin with something like this, sorry I can't be of help. There is enough design work and chances of product failure in much newer components, I can't even imagine making this fly. Wishing you good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232