Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Quad will not connect to Betaflight after updating firmware

Roadking

Reaction score
Website
aerialdroneservice.myportfolio.com
I tried everything I know (which is not that much) and searched the forum threads but can't seem to figure out what to do next.

I have a GEPRC Cinepro that's a couple of years old and was working fine. I updated the the firmware and now it will not connect to betaflight. My other quads connect but just to be sure I checked the drivers. When I plug it into the usb on my windows PC the red light on the quad lights but nothing else. No com port shows.

I'd really like to just get it back to stock configuration before I messed with it.

Any ideas are appreciated.

I tried everything I know (which is not that much) and searched the forum threads but can't seem to figure out what to do next.

I have a GEPRC Cinepro that's a couple of years old and was working fine. I updated the the firmware and now it will not connect to betaflight. My other quads connect but just to be sure I checked the drivers. When I plug it into the usb on my windows PC the red light on the quad lights but nothing else. No com port shows.

I'd really like to just get it back to stock configuration before I messed with it.

Any ideas are appreciated.
This page has the original CLI dump and more if it is the same model...

CinePro - GEPRC

Press the button on the FC while powering it up to put it in DFU mode and erase/reflash. Make sure you're using the correct firmware/board type, might not be working because the wrong one was chosen last time.

If you plug in the USB to the FC (with no battery plugged in), and you are only getting the red light, seems like you lost your 5V line somehow, and you will never be able to connect it to your PC via USB. Unfortunately, that FC may be toast.
You can confirm this by looking at Device Manager on your PC, under your USB devices - see if it recognizes the FC when you plug it in.
If it does, try typing 'BL' in CLI mode, and see if it goes into DFU mode. That should put the FC into Bootloader. Then try reflashing proper firmware. Make absolutely sure you have the correct firmware you are writing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas