Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

RC Signal Lost AFTER CRASH

C3Production

Reaction score
Took my DJI FPV out for first flight in real life after about 100 hours in 3 different simulations. Was feeling good but realized I hadn’t turned off a setting that was limiting my pan/tilt. On my way back to land, a tree jumped out and caught my drone out of nowhere🥸 Climbed the tree and retrieved my drone. Minimal cosmetic damage. Camera gimbal guard was cracked and camera rim was a little bent with some tree stuck in the seam. Cleaned it up and powered it on. I get all the info displayed in goggles. However, no video and it says gimble needs calibration (but it doesn’t calibrate). It also says RC signal lost. I need a solution to repair this myself. Any ideas?

most likely you ripped the flex cable for the camera, yes i had the jumping tree problem too once... take the cover off and rim apart an double check that everything in ok

I couldn’t find any damage. I unplugged camera and plugged it back in. Made sure all the antenna wires were completely connected. I also tried unscrewing the back of camera and double checked that wire was fully connected. Still didn’t work so I opened it back up and disconnected it and reconnected it. I couldn’t find any info on whether or not the vtx is part of the camera gimbal. But I was getting no video through goggles and couldn’t move/calibrate the gimbal. I just ordered another camera gimbal setup and hope that will solve it. Will post results:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya