Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Receiver not interfacing with FC

Bubbadrewski

Reaction score
ok so this is my first time building a racing drone and i made a mistake buying the receiver/remote so i got the flysky i6 controller and with the flysky ia6 receiver not the ia6b receiver the one i bought is using either ppm or pwm and while my fc (which is the seriously pro racing f3 flight controller i think or at least thats what it says) says it can take both ppm and pwm when i hook up all of the inputs to the io ports and connect the controller nothign happens i know the rest of the drone is working because when i use it in clean flight i can test the motors and they all work is there anything i can do should i give more info if so what info or is it just buy a new receiver. thank you.

ok so this is my first time building a racing drone and i made a mistake buying the receiver/remote so i got the flysky i6 controller and with the flysky ia6 receiver not the ia6b receiver the one i bought is using either ppm or pwm and while my fc (which is the seriously pro racing f3 flight controller i think or at least thats what it says) says it can take both ppm and pwm when i hook up all of the inputs to the io ports and connect the controller nothign happens i know the rest of the drone is working because when i use it in clean flight i can test the motors and they all work is there anything i can do should i give more info if so what info or is it just buy a new receiver. thank you.

Welcome @Bubbadrewski, glad to have you here!
I had posted this as a starting point for someone else in the same apparent situation today, maybe it can help you too?

I think you should be aiming for PPM receiver protocol so let's look at that. You will want to make sure that NO Ports are set for Serial RX, they should all have Serial RX turned off. You will want the Configuration tab Receiver section to have the "PPM RX input" set. Don't forget to save and reboot

You will want the PPM pin from the RX to be wired to IO_1 connector, pin 3.

Make sure props are off and plug to the PC and you may even have to plug the battery up to the quad so make sure your vTX antenna is attached properly.

If that still doesn't work can you get a decent picture of your receiver wires connected to the FC or a diagram of what you have connected?

I think you should flash the latest Betaflight onto the FC, rev 3.5.1 should be fine and I would leave that and not mess with that again. That will make it easiest to help you figure this out.

Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput