Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Rechargeable AA batteries for transmitter?

Frisbee

Reaction score
Now that I'm flying in a sim, my FlySky transmitter is running through 4 AA batteries every two days. I thought that I turned off the transmission signal to save battery life, but it still runs through them quickly. I think this will cost about $10 per month in batteries, and is also bad for the environment. So I was thinking that rechargeable AA batteries would be a better option. Has anyone had any success with this, or does it have any of its own problems (like performance or lifespan)?

It looks like some of the better transmitters have built in rechargeable batteries, so I will probably eventually upgrade when my skills improve enough to warrant it.

I use plenty of rechargeable batteries, they do not last as long as alkaline per charge but they are far better in every other way. I tend to stick with high quality even though the price is a little higher, I recommend Panasonic Eneloop since Panasonic makes the best cells out there.

Cheers all, good thing I asked. I'll go with the Eneloop. Although they're a bit pricey, as long as they have a good lifespan they will save me money (and will be better for the environment) in the long run.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix