Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Replacement arms from Aliexpress

b3yond

Reaction score
excellent news @b3yond

Ive sent mine to dji for repair - for one front arm (EU) , it'll be interesting to see how much it costs, and how quick they are at returning the drone.
(though, I'd expect they will replace arm with motors/leds ... so bit more costly)

I was concerned about availability of replacement arms, your the first person reporting they've received them, which is great news.
how long did it take to get them?

Id be interested to know how easy you find it to replace... in particular threading the motor wires thru, and the led strip - looks a bit fiddly.
let us know how you get on.

if its not too bad to repair, Id be tempted to order some spare arms - just in case.

EDIT: looking at the aliexpress pictures , looks like the wiring is already in place....are the leds also already inside?
Id be really interested to hear what is involved with doing a diy repair, what tools you need.

Reactions: raspberry and A.O.
I have been seeing parts show up on eBay too
Be careful though, several show a picture of a full set with a price, but that price is for only one item on the pic and a lousey explanation on what you are ordering or get.

One of the rings to remember is if you arm has been smashed in half, the motor cables could be snapped and so could the antenna cable. the replacement arms seem to come with the led cables installed, which are incredibly fragile.

To change an arm requires good soldering equipment and the skills to go with it, the ESC is a massive sink and a hobby iron won’t cut it.

To change a front arm needs the rear arm removing I order to thread the cables through the frame, the ESC needs to be lifted up too to gain access to the led connectors.

Makes insurance look like a good deal ?

Reactions: bluesgeek
One of the rings to remember is if you arm has been smashed in half, the motor cables could be snapped and so could the antenna cable. the replacement arms seem to come with the led cables installed, which are incredibly fragile.

To change an arm requires good soldering equipment and the skills to go with it, the ESC is a massive sink and a hobby iron won’t cut it.

To change a front arm needs the rear arm removing I order to thread the cables through the frame, the ESC needs to be lifted up too to gain access to the led connectors.

Makes insurance look like a good deal ?
When you say good soldering equipment, I assume you are referring to a good small soldering iron? If so, any recommendations?

When you say good soldering equipment, I assume you are referring to a good small soldering iron? If so, any recommendations?
You will need at least a 80-100 watt iron to make a good joint onto the ESC, my 120W Weller station can sometimes struggle to get enough heat into the joint on the battery connectors on home builds. A imperfect (dry) joint is not what you want on a motor connection!

Soldering subject.
A soldering station is what you should be considering. Adjustable temps are a real plus, along with the changeable tips. This particular tool is no different than anything else in that you are better off buying too much than not enough. Think of it in terms of horsepower. You won’t make it up that steep grade pulling a big trailer without enough behind the gas pedal.

Last edited:
yeah, Ive watched the teardown videos - looks straightforward enough - and I have a soldering station, and fine tips.. so all of that side is not an issue.
I just wanted to hear from someone that has actually done it... first hand experience is always valuable.

Waiting for my parts to come from City Drones. I've snapped the front right arm socket on the main frame.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas