Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Replacement drone connection procedure

Nate7504

Reaction score
I crashed my fpv into a lake, so I ordered just the replacement unit.
Is it a big too do to connect that new one too my existing goggles and rc?
Thanks,Nate

Curious... how much did the replacement cost?

No it's not bad at all. I use my goggles for the DJI FPV Drone as well as DJI Digital. I have to rebind everything when I switch the goggles back to using the FPV Drone. Here's the procedure:

Curious... how much did the replacement cost?
699! And that’s just the drone,no battery, props,goggles or rc, so for a extra 300 I would have the whole kit.
I was already sad to spend the 700 for such a stupid mistake! So I just got a new drone and that’s all, but by the time I get a new extra battery I’m at 850 but I would be upset every time I looked at the extra stuff laying around.

I'd do the same!

699! And that’s just the drone,no battery, props,goggles or rc, so for a extra 300 I would have the whole kit.
I was already sad to spend the 700 for such a stupid mistake! So I just got a new drone and that’s all, but by the time I get a new extra battery I’m at 850 but I would be upset every time I looked at the extra stuff laying around.
I don't understand...I tried to get analysis of my flyaway flight logs, but could not get them to DJI to prove the flyaway was a DJI issue and not pilot error. Hence, I did not get a free replacement (like they said I would have if it were DJI caused) and only got a 20% discount on a replacement, including a battery. They now have "title" to the old aircraft (lost in a lake). But I'm still fighting to get the log info to prove (to myself if not to them) that it was DJI-caused and not pilot error. Not sure why you didn't even get a discount...was it less than a year?

No I didn’t even know that was a option? I figured it’s my fault DJI won’t do anything.
One other thing if anyone has the same issue, when I first got the replacement unit it kept saying “country code not set” some features unavailable” I assume that meant it was not in fcc mode because my range sucked!
I simply downloaded DJI assistant 2 and refreshed the firmware in drone,goggles and remote,all was well after that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput