Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

RISE Vusion Extreme FPV Racing Quad 200mW AND DJI RE GOGGLES

Familyman5821

Reaction score
I haver the new racing google sand am looking at the RISE Vusion Extreme FPV Racing Quad 200mW. Would this be compatible with the goggles and if so, would I need to purchase an antenna and set that up. Any help would sure be appreciated as I'm very new at this
Thank you

Jeff

Jeff, I'm glad you asked. i spent money on the Rise equipment offerings. i have two house racers and a 250.
i found that the 250 didn't have the tx range, vtx range or adjustability to be a 250. it needs more and ran out of everything fast... lockouts were a real problem and fingering in an alternate tx was... simply disappointing plus its spectrum based.
that being said.. we learned allot from it and flew it.
i suggest building or buying better now or you'll just spend that money later if you don't quit

my cat sleeps on the now packed up rise stuff1516344742639337127704.jpg but i should mention that the tactic monitors that came with that stuff are awesome. i put blacksheep RP-SMA antennas on both and share the view with anyone i can get to look. 80$ retail by themselves. 1516344990527125300163.jpg

Lol googles Futura. I was going to but I stopped myself. Gotta love predictive text. Lol.
Hey Jeff, take the above advice from one of our most respected pilots mate. There are heaps of better options out there than that for the money .
Wayne BTW Futura googles are in the thread title mate. Just found out

Reactions: HighTechPauper
no hit on the spell check.. it was funny.

what transmitter are you going to use?

that decision seperates several elements and capabilities. if you looking for a buy and fly kit... someone should add comment. this is not an easy hobby to maintain. i find having full control of settings important. i would suggest anything that supports betaflight adjustments as the first filter. then i would insure the heli has "standard" latest/ greatest hardware. you have a headset but i don't know dji stuff... seems to be quite specific to dji
then pic the size... 250 is big..
have you flown race drones..

Reactions: Wayno52
don't go cheap. . get the best you can afford with as many adjustable settings as possible

i think 2k$ us is a good start for all up video and flier with a good tx. others will call this a high end but dont forget 200$ in batteries, charger.. and.. and .. and
don't skimp on the quality of the flier or you'll just pay more till you realise you have to.

this hobby is growing fast. if you buy the best now... you might not want for more till June

hopefully someone will chime in with any example. i quit the rise stuff and went to "custom" frames for the backup. support is critical and i have lots of questions. seems like every element in the quad has questions. if you buy and build it yourself.. answer all those questions along the way

its not easy but i find it a satisfying hobby. you gotta spend good time though... and good money. with good parts comes decent support $.
all in one kits is not the way to happy flying

Gotta say, I have a ton of the rise stuff, I know how to solder but wanted something I wouldn't have to spend days to fix before I could (try to) fly again. It worked pretty good for that and it got me started. Futura and Wayne are correct though, there is a lot of money sitting there and it will not go the distance control range and video quality wise. For me, it is getting a second life, I find I still run the house racers around during the winter and bad weather etc and I let new people fly those first to let them see what it is like without having a dangerous (or expensive) accident. I am also letting the grandkids fly the 250 stuff now and so it has not quite collected the dust (and cats :) ) that Futura's has. And as Futura pointed out the displays and goggles are pretty good and they get used all the time because the grandkids aint touchin my fatsharks and there is often someone else who is interested to see what it's like.

In the long run there will be someone interested who is just getting started and I will give it to them to get them started cheaper before they know if they will like it or not.

I think the bottom line is if you can solder, or are determined to pick it up, you can get a good bit for that same money as the rise gear. It wont get you everything, but what it will get you if chosen wisely among your choices, will be compatible with everything you fly for many years to come.

If on the other hand you really want to try this and can't solder, and/or are not somewhat mechanically inclined and computer savvy, then the rise set is not a bad option to get a start for not too much money.

But if you want to do serious acro or compete one day at a race AND your willing to pick up some new skills, willing to do the research and ask the questions and learn, then the choice is clear. Don't get the rise, because with a can do and will do attitude like that, you will outgrow it in 3-6 months.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to help. I think I will hold off and follow the forum for a while to learn more. I have learned how to spell goggles, it's only up from here

thank you

Jeff

Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obistevekenobi