Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Rx Module gets HOT, antenna B constantly stays at 100% signal

OstrichMilk

Reaction score
I recently installed the AKK diversity receiver module on my Fatshark Teleporter v4 goggles. Everything worked for about 2 weeks and then I noticed there was an issue. When I power on the goggles, I get static, like I have no signal (this is normal). After the goggles beep, the screen turns grey and lines randomly shoot across it. The receiver module says that antenna A has little to no signal, and antenna B says it always has 100% signal. The goggles also continue to beep constantly until they are unplugged. Not sure where to go from here.

Attachments

• 20210109_212318.jpg
    20210109_212318.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
@OstrichMilk The AKK diversity receiver module has many issues and the hardware has poor QA resulting in many people having issues. It also has no firmware support so any bugs or issues will persist without updates. This is a case of save a dollar to later spend ten dollars. There are many affordable receiver modules that perform great without spending the big bucks for a TBS fusion or Rapidfire. Both Foxeer and eachine have great cost conscious options worth considering.

@OstrichMilk The AKK diversity receiver module has many issues and the hardware has poor QA resulting in many people having issues. It also has no firmware support so any bugs or issues will persist without updates. This is a case of save a dollar to later spend ten dollars. There are many affordable receiver modules that perform great without spending the big bucks for a TBS fusion or Rapidfire. Both Foxeer and eachine have great cost conscious options worth considering.
I ended up replacing the module, everything works fine now. I will most definitely upgrade in the near future, I'm still a beginner and it works perfectly for what I've been doing. Thanks for the support!

Good luck with the replacement. Hopefully this one lasts longer for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax