Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Seriously considering Avata, but . . .

Roadking

Reaction score
Website
aerialdroneservice.myportfolio.com
Avata is a beautiful little machine and has some really fantastic features, but I really think I’d miss the ability to do flips, rolls and other FPV Combo maneuvers.

I’m just now looking into the Avata, so my question for those that have one:
1- can it do flips and rolls?
2- will it have remote ID as a firmware upgrade?
3- how is it for still photos?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

They're very complementary. The Avata isn't going to bring me to the top of a mountain on the other side of the valley in 2 minutes, but I wouldn't dare playing between trees in the park with the FPV... but other than speed/power/robustness they're essentially the same thing, which is what's great :D

Last edited:
@Kilrah, where is Avata Park? I want to go there 😁😁

I just love it when the shadow comes into view... very cool!

They're very complementary. The Avata isn't going to bring me to the top of a mountain on the other side of the valley in 2 minutes, but I wouldn't dare playing between trees in the park with the FPV... but other than speed/power/robustness they're essentially the same thing, which is what's great :D

Is the second video with the motion controller?

Is the second video with the motion controller?

No, both in manual with the RC. Haven't done a single flight with the MC yet...

@Kilrah, where is Avata Park? I want to go there 😁😁
Any park where there's nobody, this thing isn't discreet :p

• Haha
Reactions: rktman
@Kilrah >>Yes it flies exactly like the DJI FPV when you're using the RC, just slower/less power.

No worries, I can fix that in post, 😄

I like your videos - is this your first FPV, and if so how long did it take you to get where you were comfortable flying those missions? On the second video, I kept hoping for the full speed shot along the channel about 2 feet above the water.

I like your videos - is this your first FPV, and if so how long did it take you to get where you were comfortable flying those missions?

I've been doing FPV for almost 20 years at this point so couldn't tell 😅

The DJI FPV and Avata are basically what I had been wanting/hoped for/tried to get close to all along, so this is a great time :D

On the second video, I kept hoping for the full speed shot along the channel about 2 feet above the water.
There's water for you, but more smooth flying...

Reactions: careless
I've been doing FPV for almost 20 years at this point so couldn't tell 😅

The DJI FPV and Avata are basically what I had been wanting/hoped for/tried to get close to all along, so this is a great time :D

There's water for you, but more smooth flying...

That was the money shot for me!! Not that it was the best shot of group, technically easier, I was just dying to see it. :)

@Kilrah watching you change camera angle in-flight reminded me of one more awesome feature of the Avata that would be tough to DIY.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xitor and Kilrah
STOP IT!!! 😁😁
My order's on hold, FMC backorder. WHY don't they split the shipment?!?!!?

• Haha
Reactions: Kilrah
It's the first time I have a cinewhoop, I'm more used to the 5" or the dji fpv, and what disturbed me a bit at the beginning is that you have to be careful because the drone doesn't hover much and falls very fast when you cut the throttle compared to a 5" which will plane much better with their bigger propellers.

It tolerates eating quite a bit of grass

Not too much though.

Did you recover without having to go find it? Turtle mode?

Regardless, what a HUGE difference those prop guards make... can't do that with the DJI FPV.

I know from experience 😁

Did you recover without having to go find it? Turtle mode?
Never got to make use of turtle mode yet, either the battery got yeeted like this time or the whole thing got tangled in tall grass...

Never got to make use of turtle mode yet, either the battery got yeeted like this time or the whole thing got tangled in tall grass...
One of the things I despise about the range of these things... At 61 and not a prime human specimen, going and retrieving the thing when it crashes is some serious work.

Turtle mode has successfully allowed me to have another beer at least 3 or 4 times while it was coming home after an inverted crash 😁

FAR 2365822.5639A states, "NEVER fly sober."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufgatorvet