Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Sideways, backwards flight with Motion Controller? Says so here!

rktman

Reaction score
From this article:

Head tracking​

The new feature that was introduced to the DJI Avata is called head tracking. The feature is only available when you are using the motion controller but it allows the pilot to turn their head while flying in order to look in a specific direction. This is very similar to virtual reality and augmented reality and will be very useful for pilots looking to use this drawn for inspection purposes. With this mode, you will have the ability to fly sideways backward and even in an orbit while using the motion controller. This is not something that is possible with the DJI FPV.​

I have no idea how this possibly works with the MC, we'll find out.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Yeah, this almost makes me want to spring for the new goggles. I have head tracking analog cameras mounted on a few of my old fixed wing RC planes, it is fun to turn your head and have the view follow but I couldn't justify the additional cost right now. This is my 3rd DJI drone this year.

Yeah, this almost makes me want to spring for the new goggles. I have head tracking analog cameras mounted on a few of my old fixed wing RC planes, it is fun to turn your head and have the view follow but I couldn't justify the additional cost right now.

I can't either.

I'm still gonna. I've earned some irresponsibility at 60.

This is my 3rd DJI drone this year.

Pigs at the trough.

DJI keeps pouring buckets of irresistible kitchen scraps.

Tough being a pig living on the DJI farm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone