Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

slow sd card message and partial video file

Michael610

Reaction score
Hey all,
Working on my orbital shots and I'm making progress! It's a lot harder than it looks!
But other folks have mentioned it, but I too have started to get the error message about the sd card being too slow during flights.
But the other thing I noticed recently is that the video on the sd from the aircraft starts somewhere during the middle of the flight whereas the video from the sd card from the goggles has the entire flight recorded on it. The setting to start recording at takeoff is On.
Not sure there's anything you can tell me but I thought I'd mention it in case others have seen this.
It's funny because I would have expected the files on the aircraft to be the best (no transmission, just recording) but apparently that's not the case!
Also, any recommendations about the frequency of re-formatting the sd card or no?
Thanks in advance.
Michael

It's funny because I would have expected the files on the aircraft to be the best (no transmission, just recording) but apparently that's not the case!
It is of course, but the "slow SD card" message isn't for nothing and is likely the reason for the footage being messed up.
Try another that's within spec, this one is likely either too slow or faulty.

Reactions: Texas Red
It is of course, but the "slow SD card" message isn't for nothing and is likely the reason for the footage being messed up.
Try another that's within spec, this one is likely either too slow or faulty.
Thanks, yea, it's a recent message on a card that has been fine in the past, that's why I asked about the re-formatting. I'm more inclined to think that would help, thanthat the card itslf "went bad."
But it's also odd, to my way of thinking, that the footage isn't "messed up" or bad, it just starts minutes into the flight...but I'll re-format the card and see if that helps either or both issues.
Thanks.

I have a card that did go bad that way, still "worked" but became 10 times slower than it should have been. Formatting didn't help (could see during the full format that speed was ungodly slow).

Reactions: Michael610
Hey all,
Working on my orbital shots and I'm making progress! It's a lot harder than it looks!
But other folks have mentioned it, but I too have started to get the error message about the sd card being too slow during flights.
But the other thing I noticed recently is that the video on the sd from the aircraft starts somewhere during the middle of the flight whereas the video from the sd card from the goggles has the entire flight recorded on it. The setting to start recording at takeoff is On.
Not sure there's anything you can tell me but I thought I'd mention it in case others have seen this.
Also, any recommendations about the frequency of re-formatting the sd card or no?
Thanks in advance.
Michael
Somewhere in our Avata documentation, there is a list of acceptable/tested SD cards. It might be worth a look.

Reactions: Michael610

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax