Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Stack Recommendations

coyote_dc5

Reaction score
So I have a ZMR250 frame with 5" props which used to run an SPRacingF3 FC used as just LOS flying over FlySky. The SPRacing FC has developed a short in one of the onboard chips so it can't be repaired. I want to take this drone to the next level with a new stack running FrSky and an 800mw analogue VTX/Cam. The frame already has a MassiveRC PDB, DYE ESCs and BE1806 2300KV brushless motors. Can anyone recommend something that would fit the bill? I can't wait to get this thing back in the air as I have a Session 5 which I want to attach as well for some decent freestyle footage.

Last edited:
I'm actually shying away from using this large PDB and it has no integrated OSD so would require me to buy a micro mini and solder on all the headers etc So I'll probably go with a mini stack with AIO OSD PCB and just solder up the ESCs, It'll save weight too.

There are a lot of good choices for this, but believe it or not those 1806 motors are pretty small and weak, we are running much bigger and more powerful motors now like 2206 and up for 5" builds. Remind me where you are in the world and what online stores you like and I will give yo a few recommendations.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
I'm UK. Sounds like I'm in for an entirely new build then. Am I best just buying a BNF already to go? I do also have another 250mm frame with Yifei/DXW D1806 2280KV brushless motors attached (no ESCs) ready for a build too so if these motors are considered better then I could use this one as a fresh base

Last edited:
I really think a BNF has it's advantages, when you build you are at the mercy of your soldering skills and technical knowledge AS WELL AS the fact that 20% of parts are bad out of the box. With a BNF it has been built pretty well and will need only minor tweaks like finishing up antenna placement and protection etc. With a home built quad everything is a crap shoot until it is actually working, with a BNF there is some amount of guarantee that it will work.

Its real dilemma as with most hobbies its half the fun building and fixing as it is playing. I do fancy doing a new build but its more time consuming and frustrating when things don't work right away. If I were to go down the build route would something like a mamba F4 stack with XM+, Rush VTx & Runcam setup be as good as anything?

I hear you with the build, troubleshoot, tinker part of this, but only if I have at least a couple of quads to flying while I do it. I think that anyone that stays in the hobby ends up with multiple quads, and there are so many decent, reasonably priced BNF's out there that I would get one to fly while I hurry up and build/retrofit others at night and on rainy windy days. I want to be able to work on my flying skills any possible good weather day I can, so I need multiple quads.

Yes, that would be a fine build, if everything works correctly, fingers crossed ? she should fly good and have good video. But there is never a way to know how long it will last no matter what parts are used. Some have had trouble with every manufacturer out there, and other have had great luck with every manufacturer also, and they all break, so don't go overboard on big dollar items.

I guess it's luck of the draw. I've had my TH2 for ages now and it's near indestructible. Only recently had the spi antenna snapped off so I'm going to take the opportunity to throw an sbus XN+ in there so i can go out further a field.

If you are looking for a great stack with all the bells and whistles and a great price the CL Racing F7 dual v2.1 stack is awesome and is $75 for the FC and 45amp esc. It has all the uarts you could need and a filtered VTX power source that you can switch off with a switch on your radio so if you crash you can turn your VTX off while you go find your quad. I have 4 of these and have had great luck with them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix