Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Strange throttle response

Jadawin

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
:-)

I built a quad and it was working ok, then two days ago I just updated OpenTX on my Taranis X7 Q's receiver from version 2.3.9 to 2.3.10. I have a fc Mateksys F722-SE programmed with Betaflight. But I got a little issue that got me stuck and I hope you could give me a direction....
After updated OpenTX's firmware , I checked AETR1234 protocol was correctly settled on the F722-SE and the order of channels into the taranis and the order is the same as like as it is settled on the fc.

To check everything I did:

- from Betaflight's motor test I check motors are working as individuals as all together;
- from Betaflight's Receiver I check throttle stick and I see the progress bar increasing/decreasing depending between -987 and +987 on what I want to do but I see also blue light on the fc blinking up so I go back to Motor Test and I try to arm the quad but in fact I see throttle doesn't rise motors up at least at minimum and I see the blue led blinking up.

I detached cable and I tried to gas motors from receiver and they doesn't rise up.

Considering channels are OK and before upgrade firmware it was ok (I did a backup of settings in Open Companion and then re-settled back after firmware update so it should be as like as it was before update), I am here asking all you if are there any differences between opentx 2.3.9 and 2.3.10 that would have messed throttle up? Or would be something else?...

Attached here the dump from Betaflight so maybe could be useful to give me a possible direction....

Thank you all !!!!
Cheers!
Jadawin

Attachments

• dump_BT.txt
    27.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I tried whatever I could do to make motors start, I tried also to create a new model profile in taranis to set clear ranges and also I tried to reset betaflight to default settings and settled everything again with care to be sure they should follow Taranis on min 1000 - mid 1500 - max 2000 range but when I arm quad then I try to rise throttle up , the FC's blue led goes start blinking... as you an see in attached images , do you have a possible suggest to check at ?

Attachments

• bf_conf_page_1.jpg
    bf_conf_page_1.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 3
  • bf_conf_page_2.jpg
    bf_conf_page_2.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 3
  • bf_conf_page_3.jpg
    bf_conf_page_3.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 3
  • bf_conf_page_4.jpg
    bf_conf_page_4.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 3
  • bf_motors_page.jpg
    bf_motors_page.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 3
  • bf_pid_page.jpg
    bf_pid_page.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 3
  • bf_receiver_page.jpg
    bf_receiver_page.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 3
  • bf_ports_page.jpg
    bf_ports_page.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 3
  • bf_setup_page.jpg
    bf_setup_page.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 3
  • taranis_outputs.jpg
    taranis_outputs.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 3
I don't think the issue is with OpenTX, did you flash the FC with a different revision by chance? The funny thing that I see is on the Setup page on the right side under Info, the Arming Disable Flags show absolutely nothing which is very strange for a quad connected to BF. Perhaps take the props off and connect to BF and plug in the battery and try to arm, do you get any Arming Disable Flags? Also you might try to open up the Log area on the BF screen (click on Show Log) and see what it says about the BF target on the FC.

Reactions: Keifie and mrmund
I don't think the issue is with OpenTX, did you flash the FC with a different revision by chance? The funny thing that I see is on the Setup page on the right side under Info, the Arming Disable Flags show absolutely nothing which is very strange for a quad connected to BF. Perhaps take the props off and connect to BF and plug in the battery and try to arm, do you get any Arming Disable Flags? Also you might try to open up the Log area on the BF screen (click on Show Log) and see what it says about the BF target on the FC.

Hello HighTechPauper... no in fact I get MSP flag when it's connected by cable to BF, also I get RX_FAILSAFE when I have my Taranis's off... Anyway about logs you mean BlackBox? If yes , I tried to set this blackbox with a microSD card then setting BlackBox page and then adding a mode range to arm switch so once I arm it should start to log as you can see in attached images , but it doesn't write any logs.... maybe it doesn't write any logs because it isn't really in error or should it log whatever it happens?...

Attachments

• bf_modes_page.jpg
    bf_modes_page.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 3
  • bf_blackbox_page.jpg
    bf_blackbox_page.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 3
Actually I was not referring to BB, I was talking about expanding the log in BF configurator, sometimes there is info there that can help. Also you do not show the Modes tab with the quad armed to see what the Arm setting is showing or that it is lined up with the Receiver tab.

1609006334102.png

Reactions: mrmund
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh found it! Didn't see that "Show log" since it was kinda invisible haha... Anyway enlarged log panel and tried to check arm and trying rising throttle up but no errors nor warnings showed in log panel... maybe with BlackBox should get more log details?...

BB is more about flight characteristics, but maybe, BB isn't my strong suit so I am not sure. If the motors spin up in the BF Motors tab, and the Receiver tab shows stick and switch inputs, then there almost has to be a flag that is being raised. What does the Modes tab, Arm switch show when you arm it?

BB is more about flight characteristics, but maybe, BB isn't my strong suit so I am not sure. If the motors spin up in the BF Motors tab, and the Receiver tab shows stick and switch inputs, then there almost has to be a flag that is being raised. What does the Modes tab, Arm switch show when you arm it?
I set a mode in Modes tab and when I arm it I see as like in attached image.... I guess is ok because when connected to BF is disabled... ehm.... I guess it was right the MODE I haven't set !!! haha now it works

Thank you again HighTechPauper!!!

Jadawin

Attachments

• bf_modes_arm_page.jpg
    bf_modes_arm_page.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member