Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Suggest a drone for me to build...

pedz

Reaction score
Website
why-not-photography.smugmug.com
I have DJI drones: Mavic 3 Cine and Avata. Which means I have DJI controllers and goggles.

Can someone suggest a drone for me to build where I would not need to buy other goggles and controller? I want to just get my feet wet in FPV, building drones, etc.

Someone else may know better, but I'm not aware of any flight RC receiver that you can buy to put into your own build that would be bindable to a DJI controller.

The building process sort of starts with choosing an RC protocol (i.e. Crossfire, Tracer, Express LRS) just to name a few and getting that hardware Transmitter/Receiver(s). I use TBS Crossfire which can be plugged into most radios with an external bay. (i.e. TBS Mambo, Radiomaster, Futaba, etc.) These radios' left stick, however will function quite differently from a DJI controller, FYI.

Someone else may know better, but I'm not aware of any flight RC receiver that you can buy to put into your own build that would be bindable to a DJI controller.

The building process sort of starts with choosing an RC protocol (i.e. Crossfire, Tracer, Express LRS) just to name a few and getting that hardware Transmitter/Receiver(s). I use TBS Crossfire which can be plugged into most radios with an external bay. (i.e. TBS Mambo, Radiomaster, Futaba, etc.) These radios' left stick, however will function quite differently from a DJI controller, FYI.
DJI O3 air unit will work with FPV goggles 2/V2 and DJI FPV controller 2. I believe the caddx Vista unit will also with latest update.

Oh yes. I'm sorry. I forgot. All the Air Units have a DJI Rx built into them. In that case almost any drone big enough to carry the Air Unit will do.

What about a Joshua Bardwell kit? He will walk you through building it on his YouTube channel. I am thinking of going this route when I feel I can solder well enough.

Fine idea. I built his Xilo 5" a couple years ago and it's still flying. He should have a link to a soldering practice board.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax