Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Taranis Qx7 access version 2

Helpme123

Reaction score
Hello, my name Josh,

I bought the frysky qx7 access version 2 it came out sometime in 2019 and I'm not sure whats the difference between the old tennis qx7. also what update do I need to or what firmware do I put on the sd card there not real info out there. one more thing, I bought the FrSky - 2000mAh AA NiMh Battery bag for X7 and the new x7 comes with a battery tray and I'm not sure if they changed something and I don't know if the battery will bt to big for the radio.

Thanks, Josh :)

Hi Josh, I think the battery tray should come out by disconnecting it at the connector on the bottom left side, the NiMH pack should plug in there and fit ok, but I do not know how you will charge that battery unless you got the charger and wall adapter with it, or have some way to hook it to your regular charger. As for what is needed for the new ACCESS radios I cannot say, I have no experience with them since I have the original with ACCST protocol instead.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
What’s the difference between them ? And also should I not put in the battery I bought and use the recharable tra so it’s easir and just use that one as a back up

Frsky is trying to pull a fast one on us in my opinion, ACCESS protocol does NOT support D8 so you cannot use them to fly the smallest quads that only have D8 receivers in them. I will never own a ACCESS radio, in fact I am done with Frsky except for the occasional R-XSR or XM+ receiver, I have switched to Crossfire and don't regret it at all.

• Love
Also, about the battery for the transmitter, definitely keep the battery holder that comes with the radio, but I would also use the NiMH you bought too. How will you charge the NiMH battery?

so... will my r-xsr work still with my new diatone cube?
Should work just fine. The cube comes with a pre wired tail that you literally plug the r-xsr into. Just need to set up your cube in the Taranis as a new model and bind them together.
This video is in Spanish (?) with English subtitles but you’ll get the drift.

one more thing will my qx7 access connect to liftoff I have the usb.

should i buy liftoff or something else

and does liftoff run ok on MacBook

cool all good i think if i want to do other things later on this radios not the best i should of just gotten the jumper pro
If my QX7 (old version) goes down, I will be getting the Jumper T16 Pro. I will no longer be buying any FRSky gear. I think what they are doing as a business model stinks and will show my feelings by not buying their products. I believe the following two videos state it rather well...

It is unfortunate that you got the access version QX7...

cool all good i think if i want to do other things later on this radios not the best i should of just gotten the jumper pro
You’ll be fine, the cube runs on D16, as does most of my gear. Some of the smaller stuff I have such as the trashcan run on D8 which the later Taranis no longer supports, but given the trashcan albeit a handy quad to have, is a piece of junk that randomly either blows up or has desync and fail safe Issues.

one more thing will my qx7 access connect to liftoff I have the usb.

should i buy liftoff or something else

and does liftoff run ok on MacBook
I am using D16 mode on my QX7 with the FRSky usb dongle which works if that is what you are referring to.
Liftoff and Velocidrone seem to be the most popular ones. I have both of those but Freerider Recharged is still my favorite sim.
It loads fast, dosen't use alot of resources, is cheaper and also runs on a Mac...
Forgot to mention you can create your own levels as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas