Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

TBS Crossfire v2 with QX7

coyote_dc5

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience on here using the new v2 mico with the qx7 controller. I've seen there is an inverter module that comes with the transmitter kit to allow you to use the full 400,000 baud rate. The installation of this inverter is pro level with everything being so small so I won't be able to do it myself. My question is if you don't do it and just adjust the x7 model hardware baud rate back to 115,200 whether it has a real adverse affect on performance/range?

I haven't done the mod to my radio yet and it works fine at 115000 baud, I noticed no difference between it and 400000 baud except that I don't constantly get "telemetry lost-telemetry recovered" messages anymore.

Reactions: coyote_dc5
Ok that's good to know. I will go ahead and buy the TX Mini V2 and RX with Immortal T now. Enjoying my new TH2 freestyle but its range with the onboard SPI and constant failsafe is annoying so hoping this will be a worthy upgrade plus I'll then have the TBS module in my X7 ready for the all bells and whistles 5" when I get one :)

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Prior to my little battery fire, I had only just converted two of my quads over to Crossfire. I’ve got a QX7S Accst which needed the chip mod. Took about ten minutes to do the mod and a few hours to upgrade the FW on Open Tx. I had forgotten to update the SD card file and had trouble binding the Tx/Rx. All good now and apart from exceptional range, both quads seem to fly as if they are on rails, much less jittery if that makes sense.
Apparently the later QX7 (Access) don’t need the mod to increase the baud rate.
F2D636A4-9BBA-4133-B47F-0E110D9152DA.jpeg

I'm guessing you have a heat gun then and very competent at it too? Did you do the mod just to be sure it did you try it without and have a bad experience ?

I'm guessing you have a heat gun then and very competent at it too? Did you do the mod just to be sure it did you try it without and have a bad experience ?
Actually I simply snipped the old transistor off with a set of quality side cutters. The word on the street was to do the mod as the older Tx was not going to run the increased baud rate. The whole job took ten minutes and the TBS Tx fired up straight away. The soldering of the chip mod was four wires and eight solder joints.
My issue was not updating the SD FW which when I realised what was going on, took a further five minutes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput