Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Testing new setup with a mountain run!

GiantAntCowboy

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I've been building, testing and tuning my 5" drone for a while trying to improve the TX and VTX range. I finally got the setup tuned in and decided to attempt a run up the mountain behind our property.

Still have a few tweaks left to make, but getting ready to hike around Norway this spring. Just wanted to share my first long range milestone!

If curious, here's the Basic Setup:
- Flight Controller: Matek F405-CTR
- VTX: Matek Mini 800mw
- GPS Module: iFlight GPS Modul
- Motors: XING-E 2306 2450KV
- Radio Receiver: TBS Crossfire Nano RX
- Receiver Antenna: TBS Crossfire Immortal T V2 Antenna
- VTX Antenna: SpiroNET Omni – 5.8GHz CP Antenna
- Fatshark HDO goggles with 13dbi patch and lollipop cp antenna

If you have questions about the setup or flight let me know.
Cheers,
-Pete

Nice :)

But the description is the perfect explanation of why I got the DJI FPV, gonna have to keep the link at hand ?

Reactions: GiantAntCowboy

But the description is the perfect explanation of why I got the DJI FPV, gonna have to keep the link at hand ?
The only problem with the DJI drone is that if that mountain is taller than 500m, you wont make it to the top. Geofencing and 500m limit sucks.

The DJI seems pretty user friendly and capable. Have you received/been flying it yet?
The only problem with the DJI drone is that if that mountain is taller than 500m, you wont make it to the top. Geofencing and 500m limit sucks.
Yea for example I climbed over 620m in this video. Of course you can always hike further up before starting to do similar flights.

This DJI is an alternative to hobby grade drones, not a replacement. Both have advantages for sure.

Have you received/been flying it yet?
Yep, got about 10 flights.

It's the whole "months of design and testing" and still ending up with more things to tweak, a shaky analog feed etc I can't stand anymore. They've really done an incredible job, you take this thing out of the box and you've got a perfectly tuned craft with not a single shake visible in either the live transmission or recording, and obviously that live transmission is in HD from a "recording quality" camera.

Yup those are huge benefits. For me, personally, building, testing and tuning are all part of the fun and it makes each flight more rewarding.

I’m someone who buys, fixes and rides old motorcycles; flys and crashes RC planes; and generally tries to make anything I can. This is often very hard and frustrating, and understandably most people have no patience for this sort of nonsense. Haha! So it get. ?

Two days later winter came back, here a quick highlight video of some long range/freestyle practice.

Reactions: okw

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax