Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

This makes me SICK!!!

4 Inch Pistons

Reaction score
OK--new guy here. Been flying RC planes from the late 80s until around 2012 and then decided to get out of the hobby. Back in the summer, one of the $55 Costco drones caught my attention. So I thought it would be a good idea to entertain the grandkids. Then a week later it was a Ruko F11 Pro and FAA registration and TRUST. A month later it was a DJI Mini 2. Then Youtube and Captain Drone and others introduced me to Micro FPV and then it was a Cetus X. After a month or so on Liftoff, I could buzz around the yard on the Cetus---so then there was this DEAL on eBay for a DJI FPV.

And that brings me to this. I have a history of 3 TIAs and my balance has not been the same since. Migraines are also a way of life, but you expect health stuff when you are on the wrong side of 65. The FPV came yesterday and so I decided to spend some time on the DJI simulator. So after 15 minutes, I became sicker with one of the worst migraines in years. Better today, so 4 - 3 minute flights on the Cetus around the yard---and yep, it is back again.

Anybody else deal with this and more importantly---were you able to overcome it after time. The TIAs may skew the odds against me, but I love this stuff! Flying RC again only this time there is RTH and GPS assistance. In RC airplanes it was think fast or rebuild and that was not cheap 10 years ago.

Anyway---glad to be here and follow all the comments.

OK--new guy here. Been flying RC planes from the late 80s until around 2012 and then decided to get out of the hobby. Back in the summer, one of the $55 Costco drones caught my attention. So I thought it would be a good idea to entertain the grandkids. Then a week later it was a Ruko F11 Pro and FAA registration and TRUST. A month later it was a DJI Mini 2. Then Youtube and Captain Drone and others introduced me to Micro FPV and then it was a Cetus X. After a month or so on Liftoff, I could buzz around the yard on the Cetus---so then there was this DEAL on eBay for a DJI FPV.

And that brings me to this. I have a history of 3 TIAs and my balance has not been the same since. Migraines are also a way of life, but you expect health stuff when you are on the wrong side of 65. The FPV came yesterday and so I decided to spend some time on the DJI simulator. So after 15 minutes, I became sicker with one of the worst migraines in years. Better today, so 4 - 3 minute flights on the Cetus around the yard---and yep, it is back again.

Anybody else deal with this and more importantly---were you able to overcome it after time. The TIAs may skew the odds against me, but I love this stuff! Flying RC again only this time there is RTH and GPS assistance. In RC airplanes it was think fast or rebuild and that was not cheap 10 years ago.

I have a huge problem with vertigo. I can not fly FPV as it makes me sick sometimes for a couple of days. Knowing this, I opted not to buy the Avata although I wanted it pretty badly.

I'd advise to stay away from the DJI simulator, something in it is weird. Been doing FPV for 20 years, have no issues with this or VR, but the DJI sim makes me feel bad for some reason.

Reactions: hagman23
DJI sim made me sick as hell, still does if I try to use it, but flying the FPV and Avata is nothing like the sim, especially if you’re not going to go full manual and only use N and S mode. I thought I’d made a terrible mistake when I had the same experience after buying the FPV.

My 2 cents with, take it out and fly it in some wide open space and don’t mess with the sim since it’s making you sick. That’s what I did.

Good luck!

Reactions: FPVRogo

I too have had some TIAs and am over 65. I fly FPV most every day and it seems that I only have the symptoms you describe if I'm flying standing up. Sitting down I'm fine. I do try to stand and fly every once in a while and it seems like it's improving incrementally.

Glad I found this thread. I have flown alot of FPV, have done VR never a problem. Then I hooked up the DJI simulator (It was 0 degrees on Christmas so I couldnt fly) and never have I felt what i experienced. I was like wth?? It got much better the 2nd and 3rd time but I was very worried my Avata and FPV would make me feel that way. Not sure what it is with the software but I was shocked how sick I felt. I was sitting down as well. Never have migraines or any thing like that. I am taking my drones out tomorrow for their first flight I will let you know if I throw up. But I have a few racing drones and no problem so we shall see.

UPDATE!!!! Got up enough nerve to try some slow flight on both the FPV and Avata. So far so good but I only got to sport mode on both and boy is this a ton of fun. I was very conscious to keep my head still with graceful moves.

I got my Avata out and it worked great. Transmission to the googles is outstanding. Something I really struggled with when using my racing drones. It is a blast to fly!! Tomorrow I will break out the FPV. my only negative comment is **** is it loud compared to all my other drones.

Reactions: FPVRogo
Flew both the Avata and FPV today. Great fun. Flew both in sport mode and they handled awesome. One difference is when I was using the FPV in Sport mode it would start to flash Red on the top...I think thats because I was at full throttle. Also interesting seeing the difference in the cameras. I swear the Avata looks better but will have to take a look later. Also kind of shocking when my battery hit 25 percent it gave me 10 seconds to abort return to home. Seeing how I was flying under trees it was a little concerning but all worked out - IMO great drones. I have been looking for this kind of reception from my racing drones and they just dont have it. I do wish they were quieter. Most of the time I would rather my drones not get noticed so they dont bother other people relaxing....there is no way not to hear these things.

Flew both the Avata and FPV today. Great fun. Flew both in sport mode and they handled awesome. One difference is when I was using the FPV in Sport mode it would start to flash Red on the top...I think thats because I was at full throttle. Also interesting seeing the difference in the cameras. I swear the Avata looks better but will have to take a look later. Also kind of shocking when my battery hit 25 percent it gave me 10 seconds to abort return to home. Seeing how I was flying under trees it was a little concerning but all worked out - IMO great drones. I have been looking for this kind of reception from my racing drones and they just dont have it. I do wish they were quieter. Most of the time I would rather my drones not get noticed so they dont bother other people relaxing....there is no way not to hear these things.
Yes I too wish they were quieter. But... when you want to show off the FPV's speed, the scream it makes adds to the hype lol.

I would like to point out I think something has to be "off" with the DJI simulator. I downloaded the Liftoff sim and no issues. No issues flying FPV today at all. BTW love the Liftoff app. For 17$ you cant go wrong and if you havent flown manual I think it will give you a good chance to get your skills ready before crashing the drone. That being said who ever decided a "Stop" button was a good idea flying manual - spot on. Nothing like a 1 click safety.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas