Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Throttle Responce

Lightning111

Reaction score
I have recently completed a build. On selecting Arm on my FS i6x the propellers spin at low revs as they should, on throttling up the motors respond with increasing rpm but on closing the throttle the motors don't respond and continue up to max rpm, the only way to stop them is by selecting the arm switch to off.

I note from a previous post that this could be due to the ESC protocol selected in Betaflight. I am using Little Bee 35amp ESC's and have selected Dshot 600 in BetaFlight, is this correct? or can anyone make any suggestion as to where I have gone wrong I am new to the world of drone building and flying so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

John

I have recently completed a build. On selecting Arm on my FS i6x the propellers spin at low revs as they should, on throttling up the motors respond with increasing rpm but on closing the throttle the motors don't respond and continue up to max rpm, the only way to stop them is by selecting the arm switch to off.

I note from a previous post that this could be due to the ESC protocol selected in Betaflight. I am using Little Bee 35amp ESC's and have selected Dshot 600 in BetaFlight, is this correct? or can anyone make any suggestion as to where I have gone wrong I am new to the world of drone building and flying so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

John
If I understand what you are saying, when you lower the throttle the motors aren't slowing down enough for the quad to land? You say "on closing the throttle the motors don't respond and continue up to max rpm". Are you saying you have a runaway quad in this situation and you are disarming to stop it?

Sounds like Airmode is on, this is completely normal behavior. If you want to test this theory go into the BF Configuration tab and turn off the Airmode slide switch, save and retest.

Sounds like Airmode is on, this is completely normal behavior. If you want to test this theory go into the BF Configuration tab and turn off the Airmode slide switch, save and retest.
It seemed unclear to me if the OP was talking about a runaway situation or just surging throttle. He has not been back to clear up his situation so we could better understand what he is dealing with.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
It seemed unclear to me if the OP was talking about a runaway situation or just surging throttle. He has not been back to clear up his situation so we could better understand what he is dealing with.
The first impression I got when I read it carefully was the same as many others when they were new and understood the basics, but never knew about Air Mode, so they were caught off guard by the quads reaction on the bench. Maybe we will hear back one day from Lightning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya