Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Tightened up some maneuvers with the Tinyhawk 2!

Hi Brettbrandon, I recorded this off of my Fatshark HDO2's. The camera on the Tinyhawk 2 makes all the difference in what you see.
Thanks for that.
But now that brings more questions. I also have the Tinyhawk 2 and Fatshark HDO2's but do not get near that quality.
On the Fatsharks I am using the Immersion RC rapidFIRE module with 2 Lumenier AXII omni antennas.
I am getting alot of interference and weird color modulations in my recordings. Here's a link to a page with some video footage.
Second time flying my TH2

Curious what you are using for your receiver module and antennas. Your recording seems very clean in comparison.

Thanks for that.
But now that brings more questions. I also have the Tinyhawk 2 and Fatshark HDO2's but do not get near that quality.
On the Fatsharks I am using the Immersion RC rapidFIRE module with 2 Lumenier AXII omni antennas.
I am getting alot of interference and weird color modulations in my recordings. Here's a link to a page with some video footage.
Second time flying my TH2

Curious what you are using for your receiver module and antennas. Your recording seems very clean in comparison.
Hi brettbrandon,
Are you using LHCP or RHCP antennas? I am using LHCP on the Immersion RapidFIRE. I also increased the power on the VTX to 200 (comes set to 25). When processed my video I upscaled it to 2160P using Davinci Resolve. I know YouTube wants you to upscale or it looks washed out.

Let me know if this helps.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
Hi brettbrandon,
Are you using LHCP or RHCP antennas? I am using LHCP on the Immersion RapidFIRE. I also increased the power on the VTX to 200 (comes set to 25). When processed my video I upscaled it to 2160P using Davinci Resolve. I know YouTube wants you to upscale or it looks washed out.

Let me know if this helps.
Hey ebeez,
I am using RHCP antennas on the RapidFIRE. The big kicker is that I did not know the VTX went higher than 25mw. Just set it to 200mw and seems to be much better. I only tested it in the room here so far but it is a big improvement.
The problem for me upscaling to 4K before uploading is that I have a "very slow" internet connection where I am at right now so it would take many hours to upload a 3 min vid.
Thanks for the help as I think the VTX power was the problem.

Reactions: ebeez
Hey ebeez,
I am using RHCP antennas on the RapidFIRE. The big kicker is that I did not know the VTX went higher than 25mw. Just set it to 200mw and seems to be much better. I only tested it in the room here so far but it is a big improvement.
The problem for me upscaling to 4K before uploading is that I have a "very slow" internet connection where I am at right now so it would take many hours to upload a 3 min vid.
Thanks for the help as I think the VTX power was the problem.
Excellent!! Glad to help! Happy to hear the issue is resolved! Have a great weekend! I am still curious on the LHCP versus the RHCP. I have a set of RHCP so I may try it to see if there is any difference.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
Excellent!! Glad to help! Happy to hear the issue is resolved! Have a great weekend! I am still curious on the LHCP versus the RHCP. I have a set of RHCP so I may try it to see if there is any difference.
From my understanding, the Dipole antenna sits smack dab in the middle of LHCP and RHCP's so I would guess they should be the same. Just about to take a few test flights indoors to see. Just tried it outside as it is currently 65 degrees out here in Tennessee but the wind is strong and it was getting blown around pretty good.

Reactions: ebeez
From my understanding, the Dipole antenna sits smack dab in the middle of LHCP and RHCP's so I would guess they should be the same. Just about to take a few test flights indoors to see. Just tried it outside as it is currently 65 degrees out here in Tennessee but the wind is strong and it was getting blown around pretty good.
Yup you are right on the L versus R.. no difference... ripped inside and out today. Was a balmy 9 degrees C (48F) today! No wind at all though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fducloux