Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Tinyhawk 3 RTF - Throttle moved to right side

RandallEdick

Reaction score
Just got the Tinyhawk 3, all was well, but now my throttle is on the right. Guess the modes changed. Was NOT messing with it with Betaflight. Must have pressed some buttons by accident to alter it. Any idea how to reset it?

Looking at the manual section 1.6 Calibration of Joystick, I've tried that procedure didn't fix it. section 1.7 tells me to check a switch on te transmitter board to make sure it's set to the left, did that it was still set to Left.

Conclusion

Then the transmitter than stopped charging!

Emaxs support for my ticket was slow and told me to check the forum, which I'd been doing.

Looking at the Amazon reviews someone else reported the same issue with the throttle.
.I returned it. Big waste of time. I don't recommend the Tinyhawk 3, I'd rather pay more and get something that works. Being a beginner and facing issues like this was no fun, kept thinking it must be me.

Last edited:
Just got the Tinyhawk 3, all was well, but now my throttle is on the right. Guess the modes changed. Was NOT messing with it with Betaflight. Must have pressed some buttons by accident to alter it. Any idea how to reset it?

Looking at the manual section 1.6 Calibration of Joystick, I've tried that procedure didn't fix it. section 1.7 tells me to check a switch on te transmitter board to make sure it's set to the left, did that it was still set to Left.

Conclusion

Emaxs support for my ticket was slow and told me to check the forum, which I'd been doing.

Looking at the Amazon reviews someone else reported the same issue with the throttle.
.I returned it. Big waste of time. I don't recommend the Tinyhawk 3, I'd rather pay more and get something that works. Being a beginner and facing issues like this was no fun, kept thinking it must be me.

I also have a TH3. My issue was with the transmitter. I bought a new one (betafpv ~$50) and am on my way again. The drone itself is really tough and I have no fear of breaking the drone and like that because I will be more likelyto push my limit. If I were to buy an rtf again I would go with the tinygo by geprc. Or I would buy the bnf of this quad and get goggle and transmitter separately. All and all the tinkyhawk is a good beginner drone and easy to fix and work on, but the new e-8 transmitter is poorly built and I have read many bad issues relating to transmitter including having one myself.

I also have a TH3. My issue was with the transmitter. I bought a new one (betafpv ~$50) and am on my way again. The drone itself is really tough and I have no fear of breaking the drone and like that because I will be more likelyto push my limit. If I were to buy an rtf again I would go with the tinygo by geprc. Or I would buy the bnf of this quad and get goggle and transmitter separately. All and all the tinkyhawk is a good beginner drone and easy to fix and work on, but the new e-8 transmitter is poorly built and I have read many bad issues relating to transmitter including having one myself.
Never found a solution to the throttle. Wanted to reset it in Betaflight, but then the transmitter failed and I quit on it. Another person reported the same issue. But why would a setting change on it's own? Perhaps I broke it with the channel and band buttons,b ut I thought that was just video control? Is that right?

Not sure what caused your issue, but I can say the solder points around gimbals, material and craftsmanship on the E-8 transmitter, are toy grade. I opened mine after learning I was on my own because the Amazon seller wasn't an authorized dealer. I can probably just solder this up and be on my way again, but I won't ever trust this controller again so why even bother right? Guess I have some spare parts if I need them. Are you buying a different drone or returning for a replacement?

Conclusion

Sorry to hear about your TX issue, but I own 2 TinyHawk 2 quads and also the TH3 and all the TH fly and work flawlessly. If you have a problem with the TX then it’s the TX, but don’t put down one of the best and smoothest flying whoops ever produced, people reading this may take as there is a problem with the quad when it seems to be with the TX.

Reactions: okw
I forgot to mention, I’m using a Tango2 as my TX with a TBS module attached.

Sorry to hear about your TX issue, but I own 2 TinyHawk 2 quads and also the TH3 and all the TH fly and work flawlessly. If you have a problem with the TX then it’s the TX, but don’t put down one of the best and smoothest flying whoops ever produced, people reading this may take as there is a problem with the quad when it seems to be with the TX.
Agreed to some degree. I'm not sure about the best but only because of limited experience but that's why I emphasized the the weak point in this RTF was the transmitter, and that I like how durable the drone is itself allowing me to push my limits because of its well built construction and ease to fix I'm only butthurt because I wasted money on the rtf kit for the transmitter to fail on me, and appearantly others too in a very short time and under very light use. But I'm not the op.

Reactions: AngryPepper
Agreed to some degree. I'm not sure about the best but only because of limited experience but that's why I emphasized the the weak point in this RTF was the transmitter, and that I like how durable the drone is itself allowing me to push my limits because of its well built construction and ease to fix I'm only butthurt because I wasted money on the rtf kit for the transmitter to fail on me, and appearantly others too in a very short time and under very light use. But I'm not the op.
I understand, you are absolutely correct that that TX is toy quality, but don’t let this discourage you from FPV, there are much better made transmitters out there for a decent price. And yes it does suck that the rtf kit has such shitty tx.

Reactions: Fowl Play
I understand, you are absolutely correct that that TX is toy quality, but don’t let this discourage you from FPV, there are much better made transmitters out there for a decent price. And yes it does suck that the rtf kit has such shitty tx.
How do you like the tango 2? I'm torn between the tango and jumper t-lite leaning towards t-lite but mostly because I won't be able to hold either I my hand before buying

Was the mod to run multiprotocol easy? Or do you only fly crossfire? I'm newish to the drone hobby but not new to being a 🤓 nerd.

Was the mod to run multiprotocol easy? Or do you only fly crossfire? I'm newish to the drone hobby but not new to being a 🤓 nerd.
No it’s super easy, you just purchase a $40.00 unit that plugs into the back of the radio. I got mine from Team Blacksheep(TBS) they make the Tango2 also, I believe GetFPV.com sells them too. Now I can fly CRSF and al FrSky receivers.

That’s what it plugs into, that piece comes with the multi protocol unit, you just have to do a small mod. to the back of the tx. YouTube videos were all you need. EasyPeasy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Not sure what caused your issue, but I can say the solder points around gimbals, material and craftsmanship on the E-8 transmitter, are toy grade. I opened mine after learning I was on my own because the Amazon seller wasn't an authorized dealer. I can probably just solder this up and be on my way again, but I won't ever trust this controller again so why even bother right? Guess I have some spare parts if I need them. Are you buying a different drone or returning for a replacement?
Hi fowl Play, yes I bought this
Alpha A75 HD drone with Nano Vista Digital HD System for FPV Starter (R81-SPI Receiver for iFlight IF8 IF8-E Controller) I am trying to connect my DJI radio to it, but no luck. Get the green light but no response to the controls. Am I wasting my time do you think? Just punted and ordered the iFlight controller.

Hello! I am not by any means an expert. I am pretty inexperienced myself especially on digital. But you may need to do any one number of things before being able to fly when binding to a new controller. You will likely need to download betaflight if you haven't already. You may need to map out your controls? You may also need to look under the configuration tab in the receiver area and make sure receiver mode and spi bus are set appropriately to your gear. I'm not sure what you gear needs for settings as I'm unfamiliar with what your working with and also a newb. I hope someone else can chime in and be more specific but maybe I put in in the right direction? Also, starting a new thread with a title may get you more traffic to your issue as this posting is inside of a thread with a different issue

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax